Friday, July 21, 2006

this and that

I wanted to keep this short, But I really just blog for myself so tht I can go back and see what goes on in my head. I will not be organized, I will surely be petty and stupid, and guaranteed boring. Even Mark thinks my blog is boring. He says he starts reading then zones off into his own thoughts. I know, he's so sweet sometimes.

Well, he's a sweet Police officer!!!!! You betcha, officialy. I'm really stoked, but it hasn't really sunk in yet. He goes to orientation on Aug 7. It wil be a whole new chapter for us. Do I detect a normal life ahead?? (now thats sad when I consider police work a normal life...its not like an office job)I can't wait till he gets home tomorrow so we can celebrate!!!!

Anyway back to me ....I rented a steamvac, cleaned my house and yard top to bottom, ready for the landlord to come over for whatever he's coming over for. I'm getting the kids ready and because of some frustrating garage door issues and about 5 other annoying incidents, I had to take a quick shower. By the time I get out.....Dayton had smeared peanut butter(he nimbly retrieved for the cupboard and opened himself) all over my freshly steamed COUCH!!!! My beautiful raspberry couch, covered in litle finger smears of Skippy. One whole arm and the 2 seat cushions. I about lost it. I called Mark so he could calm me down, didn't really work. He said "well since peanut butter gets gum out of stuff, why not try putting gum on it?" Ho ho ho I was not amused. I had to leave it and go to meet the teachers. I get there late, which means no parking within 3 blocks. No way am I walking all that way in 115 degrees so I waited for someone to leave. By the time we get in the school I've run into other parents and I got my game face on and we survived. I managed to get most of it up later with the new spot cleaner I'd just bought at Home Depot.

Oh yeah, and the LL never showed or called. Niiiiice. :P

Just in case you were wondering, the temp gauge on my car today read 122 degrees for about 5 hours while I was out this afternoon. Its usually right on. It was so hot that my eyeballs were burning like I had opened the oven while cooking a turkey and just stuck my head in there to cook. Except it didn't smell good. If you wanted some hot chocolate, theres a bottle of water out in the car. No stove needed. Ok Its AZ, but thats the kind of hot that slaps you across the face. Then tonight, a huge microburst storm that about blew my house down. Freaky.

I had not gone to the gym in 2 days so today I really wanted to do it up right. I spent and hour an a half sweating my rump of(not literally, unfortunatly) and working my legs and a little arms and abs. I may restart with Suzanne so I can finish the week before TN, hmmmmmm just a thought. I really did have a good workout though.

I am so beyond tired right now, I think its the heat, I got almost all the school shopping done and got a good deal on almost everything. Cade is with Mark, Sadie is at a sleepover, so just the 3 little guys are home, but not settling down too easily. I am REALLY looking forward to school monday and a ROUTINE again. I do so much better! Its 9:30, I'm gonna crash!!

12 comments:

Mari said...

Holy hot and hello

Unknown said...

School MONDAY? YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!! Do you have year-round school there?

Two of mine go back August 14th, which is early for here, then Caitlyn does not go back until Aug 28th. Shane laughed at my OBVIOUS dissappointment when I read that date on her school papers!

jen said...

sorry you had to go thru such a rush and stress...especially in that heat. dang, I thought our 109 was hot here in oklahoma!!

on the awesome note, CONGRATS to mark!!! woohoo...now you have a man in a uniform...hubba hubba! :)

Amy said...

congrats to mark. your normal routine will be here very soon for you. Yeah, I also was wondering if you guys do year-round?

Janel said...

Yeah, year round school ROCKS! Honestly, its so dang hot here, Id rather have them sitting in the AC learning, instead in front of the computer or TV. ITs not like I can force them to go outside and play anyway. Its like the reverse snowy winters other places.Its truly even too hot to go to the pool sometimes. Plus then we get 3 weeks off in october, january and march too. Its cool.

chantal2bfit said...

Wow! That's hot! And here I am complaining about our 90 F weather!

Congrats to Mark!

Julie said...

That's great news about Mark! Hope you had fun celebrating.

I've heard that my son's school may be pilot testing year-round schooling sometime in the next couple of years. I'm so used to the regular system of Summers off that it will be a strange adjustment if it happens.

Hope things cool down over there soon.

Donna said...

Yeah, that's HOTT, and I don't mean in the Paris Hilton way. And back to school already, it seems like mine just got out. I actually like NOT having to get them ready in the morning, my mornings are so peaceful. They start back at the end of August.

Pamela said...

Damn even hotter there than here!!! akkk & ...I'M melting!!! this is the WET coast for God's sake!

Going to the Lake & cabin now...CONGRATS to you& your HOT uniform BOY!!!
:P YAY MARK!!!

Hypertrophy said...

Congrats again to Mark !

Wolfie said...

Oh my...I'm sorry, but I can relate all too well to the peanut butter bit that I had to laugh. Not at your expense of course..but go back and read that again in about a month!

Tracey said...

Congratulations to Mark!!!!!

School???? Not til Sept. 5th here; that might as well be next year!!! We just got done our heat wave here. I'm telling ya, the world is ending. Snowstorms & heatwaves - scary to me.