Some of you may have seen the horror that is my new set of pictures on the tracker. Well, yeah its about as bad as it can possibly look. I'm pretty horrified. Lighting is bad, angle is bad, body is really bad. Everyone listen up now, this is important. This is what happens when you work out like a nut and eat really crappy. DO NOT try it. You don't have to, I have already shown you firsthand what will happen. It is not a place you want to visit. I should be looking ripped like Lori, but instead I'm.......not. Don't get me wrong, I have been working hard, but not being smart. I've given myself every excuse in the book. PMS, tiredness, reward, no $$ for "good" food, blah blah blah its so stupid. I have been reading Sqwigg regularly and she is really getting a grip on her eating, I think I can turn this around. She's eating a TON of veggies. I must do this. I keep telling myself I need to get the program she has, but ya know, really I don't. I'm gonna do BFL straight up and get my "baseline" eating back on track. 6 solid weeks. I already have the tools. BFL works. But I have to put into it to get some results out of it. I can't get this close and then fizzle. Yes, I'm frustrated, I'm angry at myself. Why can other people seem to get it together and lose that last bit and I can't seem to make it click? What is holding my back?? THis is important, I need to find this answer. It just may take me the full 12 weeks to figure out, but I'll be damned if I wont work every single day to find out. My trainer keeps telling me I have the magic "thing" to go all the way with fitness. I have work ethic, I have potential, I'm missing the REASON for wanting this. It is so mentally difficult to keep going with this. I will add though, that the whole fitness part of what I do every day really has started to ingrain itself into my everyday life. I was thinking today that I used to have a much different morning routine before BFL. I am really addicted to the working out part. That has changed for me big time. It is a huge part of my life, I go to the gym. I get there every day. OK, so thats half the battle. If I can make that a habit, I can make eating clean a habit too, right?? As of now, I do feel a little "off" if I don't have some form of protein for a meal. (unless its just a total all-out junk fest) So that is progress. Its taking so looooooooong to re-form these good habits. That is what is discouraging to me. Obviously, I need more soul-searching talks with myself on these topics. Another day we will listen to me contemplate self-promises. Yikes I don't wanna go there, but I feel something brewing there that needs to be adressed.
7 comments:
I keep thinking I need to buy "Swigg's" program too...and while it maybe helpful, we all KNOW what needs to be done (absolutely NO junk and eat only ENOUGH), it's just hard.
I hear ya, sista!
I've been reading Skwigg's blog religiously too, and why can't I just clean and cut those veggies as soon as I get home?? Darnit! In the fridge they go and then they go bad. Stupid.
We know you can do this Janel, and you know you can do it. You've done it before!! Instead of trying for killer workouts, I tried to focus more on my eating while still getting in "decent" workouts, and it helped. My eating has cleaned up and now I can focus more on getting in those intense workouts. Once the eating comes around you can reshift your focus. It helped for me, and we all know how important the eating part is! Good luck girl, we all know you can do this!! ;)
As you know-the eating part is the hardest for me too. Workouts-not a problem, I LOVE working out (well not cardio, but its a neccassary evil!) It took me an HONEST 2 days of eating clean to finally get back on track. Two days! And to think-it took me 6 freakin MONTHS to get those 2 days completed! WTH??
I KNOW you can do it Girl! You have been my inspiration and motivator since that 1st night we met....lets ROCK these 11 weeks before TN. Just think-when we get to Knoxville-everyone will see the REAL REASON its soo HOTTTT in AZ! (And its NOT the weather Bayy-beeee)
Luv ya! Im here for ya!
I love following you on Tracker and I am glad to see your re-commitment. I, too, have fallen into this trap of not getting "it" enough to go all the way.
You are an inspiration and I will be following this challenge of yours to help me with my own motivation and inspiration..
you can do it!
michelle (mom2collin)
J~ it is just such a freakin' mental game we play with ourselves, isn't it??? I do the same thing...you are not alone.
=)
Janel, your trainer is right. You do have it. You showed it on the cruise. You look great. You are being way hard on yourself of your picture too. The way you stated that and then when I looked I was thinking, she's smoking crack again.
Lori
Please don't tell me I am on crack. ;) I think you look great. You are the ONLY woman that I know with the amount of kids that is hotter than hot. I compare me to you ALL THE TIME...so stop saying bad things about yourself...it's pissing me off and I so hate myself when I turn green...it's not a good look on me!!! ;)
Post a Comment