Monday, July 31, 2006

misfire

I think when the gun went off at the start of this challenge, it messed up or somethng. My brain heard it, but my wires were crossed or something. Dang it I frustrate myself. I have been making a little list in my head of things I did for my good challnges that I haven't done, that mabye I could do again to get it into gear.

1. I need a new journal. My old one is great, but I think I need a volume 2.

2. Exercise log. Even though I'm not doing the BFL weights, I need to log in what it is I AM doing (on actual paper, on a clipboard) and put it into volume 2.

3. Mealplans. on PAPER. entered into FITDAY. Please, how many times must I tell me this?? Geez I am such a knucklehead!


My gym experience today was a rollercoaster. I didn't want to go, but did out of sheer habit. While I was thourougly stretching on the treadmill before it started, I saw a gal I'm supposed to be helping(whatever...I suck) over in the ab section. So I go over there and we do abs, but then she left, so I had no other choice. I had to go back to the dreadmill. I was feeling better after talking to her, mood lifted. Then my MP3 player battery was dead. This is the seond time this month, so I'm panicking, I can't do HIIT without my MUSIC! (well, I did a month ago that one other time) and then I thought I'd wimp out and do LISS and watch the Today show........but NO, I forced myself to start running. I was actually running next to this tiny little 17 yr old blond which was strangely motivating(i'm telling myslef, what I am doing makes her look like that, I am on the right track) and luckily the music channel on the TV didn't totally suck, and I made it to the end. But at the end I saw an extended family member (she didn't see me) and she looks great and dosen't have to kill herself(you know the type "if I feel like I gain a few I just eat less for a couple weeks") and then I felt like crap and started to cry a little. WTH??? Seee?? Who needs 6 Flags when I have this in my own head?? Yes, almost done with TOM, thank goodness! SHHESH! So yeah, I'm struggling, but I really am going to finish out this week strong. Its only monday for cryin' out loud!!(literally in my case)

7 comments:

doidle said...

Janel, I'm sorry you're struggling. I want to share somthing with you that's been helping me - got it on someone's blog somewhere, I think - I have it taped to my fridge:

Poor nutrition is what holds you back. And good nutrition is what will move you forward. Good nutrition is what will feed muscle and shed fat. It's what will improve nearly every health marker you can measure. It's what will drasticaly improve recovery and mood, so you can work harder, longer. Good nutrition is what will get you the body you never thought you could have. Change your nutrition, and you'll change your body entirely. Change your nutrition, and you'll quite literally change your life.

It makes me feel more positive about eating healthy foods instead of "depriving myself" uh oh 4 yeal old just woke up.

Amy said...

Sorry to hear your are struggling janel.

Hugs.

Julie said...

I totally hear you on the Ipod issue. Mine has gone dead on me a couple of times too and HIIT runs seem to go on forever when I don't have my tunes.

You can do this Janel! When you do reach your goal, which you will, it will be extra sweet because of all your hard work. Keep on fighting the good fight, it will be worth it.

BTW, I love SpongeBob too!

Mari said...

When TOM is gone you will be a new person. Way to keep your head up!! You just need to plan one day at a time this week. You can end strong I know you can!

Janel said...

Oh my gosh Doidle....LMAO!!! I posted that a couple weeks ago. HAHAHAHHA See?? Things do come fulll circle! I actually did need to hear that, it is a great statement.

Thanks you guys, I will get it together.

Kimberly said...

LOL about Doidle repeating what you just posted! I was thinking about the same thing when I read your post.

You will get there, you will!

jen said...

hang tough girl...we all go thru emotional times, so don't get down on yourself. you have your head in the right place...just stay focused! I still look up to you as an inspiration. :)

we KNOW you will reach your goals! keep your chin up...we love ya!