Tuesday, July 11, 2006

'Allo!!!

Hey hey!! Well now that party time is over its time to get down to business!! Well I have been getting down to it thats for sure! I did take kind of a free weekend this past saturday and sunday, thats bad. NO MORE!! Im into week 3, I'm just gonna keep chuggung along and I'm making up for this weekends' playin around. I did get 6 pretty good workouts in last week, this week is looking even better. I haven't really put my goals/plan out there yet, so here goes.

Starting weight 144...............Goal by Sept 18: 127(currently 139)

Hip measurement 40.................Goal by Sept 18: 35(currently 39)

BF% starting 27%..................Goal by Sept 18: 16%(currently 25%)


The word I got on the cruise was that the way to have a noteworthy transformation is to set sky high goals and then reach them plus some. I MUST have a challenge in which every day, every workout, every meal will be critical that is be right on, I can't be losing any ground and there is no room for slacking off. Thats the attitude that gets me to the gym. I am gonna have to push myself past my limits and comfort zone. I'm gonna have to do what I have never done before, its so exciting!!

Which brings me to the plan of attack. My main objective is to maintain my muscle and burn off fat. My workouts are going to have to be really aggressive. This part is not hard for me. One time at my dads home gym years ago someone asked me "are you training for the Olympics or something??" referring to the intensity in which I was pushing myself. HAHAHAHAHAHA So I gotta bring back the "gym beast" within. Not only that, Im going for 2-a-days 5 days a week, just one good cardio on Saturdays. So Mon-Fri will be morning cardio, followed by a 6 hour rest, then back to the gym (with Mark, usually) for cardio-based weights, for about an hour. This will be the Smith machine stuff, cables, lunges, 10 sets of 10 (of pullups, pushups, dips, reverse push ups)that sort of thing. I'll throw in an occasional heavy lifting day, just to change it up. I do enjoy that now and then. So it will still be 2 hours a day, but just split up so that hopefully I can make more of that second hour by having rested. It sounds like a lot, but I've been doing it and its not that bad.

And now for the diet. I read thsi statement last night:

Poor nutrition is what holds you back.
And good nutrition is what will move you forward. Good nutrition is what will feed muscle and shed fat. It’s what will improve nearly every health marker you can measure. It’s what will drastically improve recovery and mood, so you can work harder, longer. Good nutrition is what will get you the body you never thought you could have.
Change your nutrition, and you’ll change your body entirely. Change your nutrition, and you’ll quite literally change your life.


OK I ripped this off from a link off of Sqwiggs blog but it really hit me. I have to get this part fixed. I HAVE TO start logging in to fitday.This is what keeps holding me back, its the cheats, or not eating enough, too much dairy, not enough veggies. Its time to get really tough with myself. I'm getting back on ThermodynamX, it helps a lot with my appetite. I also got a killer deal on a closeout of RTD shakes. I know they are not the best to choose, but they work for me. I need the convenience, and they feel like a treat. And SALAD!!! I have to have more veggies!!Salad, grilled pepers, sweet potatoes, I love them all!! Eat them, Eat them!!! I just get lazy.

I am excited, I feel like I am getting some momentum going here. So far this was my week: Yesterday I got up and did cardio (45 mins on 15% incline @ 3.8 mph) then went back last night and did a full body workout, concentraing on legs. This morning I did HIIT, felt OK but I was a little sluggish, due to low cals yesterday. Today I promise to have 2 salads!!!!

8 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

YOU CAN DO IT JANEL!

Suz said...

You make me more excited than I already am. I have the utmost and total confidence in that you can suceed and will! You are so amazing!

jen said...

your plan of attack sounds do-able and mean...lieutenant jamber, sir. you have the drive to accomplish the weight and measurements you dream of...now, GO, GO, GOOOOOO! :)

Amy said...

Love the food qoute!!!! So true. That is totally what holds me back also. I am WORKING on changing this!
Can't wait to see your progress. I am right there with you kickin butt. Lets do this.

Anonymous said...

Wow Janel..your plan of attack sounds great! Talk about motivating. You look super...can't wait to see how much you acheive. KICK SOME BUTT :)

Melissa said...

SOOOO MOTIVATING!! Just reading that post makes ME excited to push it harder! WOW! You're going to do awesome Janel! Keep us posted! =)

Kimberly said...

You sound very determined and motivated. I love sweet potatoes, too. Just need to remember to get them on my next grocery trip!

Love the new blog.

Pamela said...

WOW Sounds VERY Serious & VERY GOOD ! You Go girl!