Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Alright peeps

I feel good. Day 2 feels good. Im getting that attitude toward the food like "HA! I AM better than you! YOU are not the boss of me! I can hold out waaaay longer than you" So that feels good. I actually had to physically dish out 6 plates of breaded chicken patties and instant mashed potatoes and gravy. I wanted a spoonful soooo bad!! But I resisted. Yay ME!!I do have to confess I have only had 3 meals today,though and its almost 9:30 pm. Whoopsie. I've just been busy. I will stay up late and try to get 2 more in. I have a lotta DVR to watch, anyway.

Training was interesting today. My program called for a 2.5 mile straight run. I havn't sweated like that in a long while. Its been humid here, even though I was indoors I think thats partly why. My LEGS were dripping! I am not normally like that. I must say, though I was a little sheepish as I was running about 1.75 miles into it I recall my words yesterday-It was NO piece of cake. I really had to push to finish. It wasn't pretty, but I kept my pace. I am S L O W!! I was doing a level 6.0 (10 minute mile) and I was struggling. Amazing how much I've regressed. I've officially become the biggest bawl-baby at the gym. As I finished the 2.5 miles, I decreased the speed to 3.0 and right then as I was coming down to a walk I just teared up. Why do I release adrenaline or endorphins or whatever like that? This is the 3rd time now. I guess I'm a wierdo. In a strange way I get satisfaction from it, like I KNOW I did a good job and really hit my 10. I don't know, I just feel like I'm back on top!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Maybe that feeling is like a proud moment. ???

Lori

Anonymous said...

Janel, I do the very same thing. Usually when I make a breakthrough..whether it be with fitness or with personal matters the tears just start a rollin'!

I LOVE your attitude with the food...keep talkin' at it!!! Sometimes I think it would be easier if the food talked back instead of just sitting there staring and not saying anything!! lol

K. Marie said...

Chica, you found some sort of athletic "g-spot." The only time I cry all happy like that is in the bedroom.

Just go with it!

Steven said...

Karenna is too funny.

Sounds like you're doing awesome. Keep it up!

Marijayde said...

I have been to that place! Weird I know - I have had to talk myself out of it at the gym a few times too! LOL, "JOANNA! There is NO CRYING in the gym!" Just like Tom Hanks said there is NO CRYING IN BASEBALL - then I start to chuckle remembering his face in that scene!

You go girl, way to push yourself to your limits, well, at least workout wise - we ALL know you push beyond your limits on a daily basis! I am referring to a previous post when you became Super Woman for the day!!!

Have a good one!

Christie said...

K...roflmaooooooooo...your killin me...ok, Janel, way to go girl, doesn't it feel AWESOME...*high five sista*