Sunday, October 16, 2005

Its now or later.......I prefer now

Ahhhhhh, here I go again. I promise I am not bi-polar, but I do think I am ready to find the hot bod under the fat-suit I am currently wearing. I know, I know, just a couple days ago I was contemplating being happy, and compared to a lot of folks I am looking OK, but I am at a crossroad right now, so I have to decide. I have mentioned before(a lot) about this 10K. Its 6 weeks away. So its poo or get off the pot right now because if I don't start training now I won't be able to run it. I found a really good training schedule that also incorporates strength training and cross training(I would be doing elliptical for the cross). The schedule is definetly doable for me level-wise and I need to start TOMORROW. For the strength training I am going to do lunges but mainly focus on upper body, since my legs will be getting worked over from the running and elliptical, and I really want to lean them out, anyway.

Now the tricky part. Heres the confession. I've had about 4 free weeks in a row. Actually they were not free, they cost me some progress. Its been pretty bad, for the most part. B A D. I need to reign this in, and I think drastic is the bast way for me to go right now. Trust me, this is abour 3 weeks of contemplation talking here. I am getting serious. I'm doing a modified version of the hell diet. Well, its actually more like origional BFL-NOT EFL. Right now I am sucking at planning, so thats why I need a no-brainer menu. Heres what it looks like:

1:1/2 C oats, 4 egg whites(betagen, thermodynamX)
2:Protein shake,1 fruit(Glutamine)
3:chicken breast, broccoli
4:Chicken breast, greens
5:Fish,broccoli OR protein shake
6:Chicken,veggies,(Betagen)


I'm adding the oats and fruit, so that I will be sure to have enough energy to do the running. If I feel like I'm bonking I'll add either a yam or a wwtortilla to meal 3. I've gone back and forth on how long to do this eating plan. I've decided that I need to just dedicate the whole 6 weeks to this and make it a mini-challenge. I need to lose 20 lbs of fat and this is the quickest way to do it. I've been so off and its been so long since I've lost ANYTHING I need to see some results and get some momentum going agin. I'm so close I can TASTE it. (mabye not the best analogy..:) C2 has ended with a weak fizzle, but thats OK I have not given up on myself. Since things aren't going so great in other areas of my life mabye this will help take my focus off of the crappy stuff. I need to put myself back on PROJECT STATUS. I'm also going to take a stab at the early am workouts. EEEEEK! Its not the best time of year to be starting this early crap, now that it is cooler and the sun is coming up so much later, but the ironic thing is that in the past my most diligent workout times(in the last few years) have been early am and in the fall/winter season. 2 years ago I lost a lot of weight running in the am and doing Jenny Craig. If theres anything better than losing weight, its losing it during the holidays when everyone else is gaining! LOL I've done it before. So thats the overview of the plan. Do you guys think I can do it?? I think I can. I can do anything for 6 weeks. I haven't decided about free day yet. I am thinking mabye the Khubbard version-eat big but healthy once a week. I just think I am going to really need that. Esp. if I am lifting AND running so much. I will log in 8 miles this week. I'm telling you guys, if I am set on it I WILL do this- and pretty darn close to exact. Measurements and weigh in tomorrow am, then not again till the morning before Thanksgiving. I'm gonna need some MAJOR support. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have butterflies, but like Tom Venuto says...If your goal dosn't scare you a little- you didn't set it high enough. Well I am a little scared.

4 comments:

Christie said...

Do I think you can do it?? Do I really think you can do it...ummmm, YEA!!!! Girl, look what you do already wonder woman, you can do this in your sleep...lol...go Janel!

K. Marie said...

Puh-leez!!! Four weeks of free-for-all? I've been bummin' it since July, babee! Show me the tummy!

;-) K

Mari said...

Hey 6 weeks to run 6 miles :) you can do it, you want. I love your meal plan nice and simple. If you have any running questions let me know. I have a great book and went to a marathon clinic. I learned a lot about running this year so I might be able to help.

Anonymous said...

Of course you CAN do it girl. I like the idea of a mini-challenge...and I like the simple meal plan. I'm right there with ya girl...just got back on my game and I'm keen to shed some fat before Christmas...let's DO IT!