Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rollercoaster is an understatement

I am exhausted but I wanted to post and get that annoying downer post off the top of my page. Moving ON.....I havn't been on an emotional rollercoaster like this -EVER that I can remember. Literally minute by minute I change fromt he fittest woman I know to the most pathetic. Heres just one of MANY examples: I'm feeling like crap as I stuff a piece of salami in my mouth...before I finish chewing it I am giddy that my skinny jeans have a little more wiggle room than I remember. Is that insane?? Heres another:I'm pushing a double stroller loaded with kids and lots of other kid-stuff up a VERY steep hill at the zoo, I'm feelign strong, calf muscles bulging, thinking- wow I am in pretty good shape here, do a quick arm check, yup, looking good; at the botton of said hill I run into Marks cousins wives, casually cute, mostly fit, kids are gorgeous like mine, intant waves of intimidation, I am magically transformed into the frumpiest, rumpliest, most generic roob at the zoo. I'm sure they all drove their new SUV's here. OK I will get off this- no more negative stuff, right??


Today was exhausting : 6 hours at the zoo, it was gorgeous weather but between my friend Casey and I there were 10 kids. Her youngest is a newborn. Yowzas!! I think we stayed a little too long! After that, ran across town to pick up a frame pack for Mark to go camping with.. got him out the door to his campout (single mommin' it till saturday eve) Then took Cade to practice, went across town AGAIN to the only open bank (after 5) for a very important deposit, back across town AGAIN to the mall(!) with the other 4 to get Sadie some warm clothes(MIL is taking her to Utah this weekend)and then to Target for stuff to "Boo!" 2 families from church (we got Boo'd last night- basically its an anonymous Halloween treat that you pay forward to 2 other families) and then picked up Cade, got Mc D's, Wendy's, Bood the people, then came home and crashed about 9:30 pm. Keep in mind, we had 3 pit stops, a gas stop, 2 drink stops(causing the pit stops) and rush hour traffic. So these nights only happen every once in a while(thank heavens) and I actually had it planned out MUCH more smoothly than this but the bank thing really threw a wrench in the whole night. The kids had a great time, Cade had a great practice, Sadie got new clothes(HEAVEN) the little guys were kept under thumb with promises and threats of fast food (a real treat for them)So it turned out OK. I'm not even going to watch any of the TV I DVR'ed and I guess the dishes aren't going anywhere. I'm officially crashing!!

Sorry I had to spill my day here- Mark's out of town now so I gotta unload on SOMEONE!!! Lucky you! I'm the wicked witch of the west... I'm m e l t i n g ahhhhhhh........*puddle of goo*

3 comments:

K. Marie said...

You make Wonder Woman look like a frumpy pooter. ;-)

Christie said...

Sheesh, you know how you felt with Marks cousins...yea, ummm, thats how I feel when I read your posts...I think I rock, I'm a buffmother, and Mom of the year, then I read your posts, and I am like..."I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy..."...see it gets the best of us Super Janellybelly...((hugs))

Mike and Mary said...

Janel! I don't know how you do it! Definite "Mom of the Year" material!