Summer sucks in Arizona!!! The kids being home all day has been quite a shock to the system. I'm so used to having most of them out of my hair, that this has been a rough week. HAHA too bad for me that its only MONDAY!! GAH! They are SO bored, and driving me crazy and making it impossible to get anything done. I'm having flashbacks to the years when they were all underfoot as toddlers and preschoolers and I'd look back at my day and realize I had acomplished nothing. None of the big kids have any friends in town except Sadie, they all want me to take them all these places like the music store to play on the guitars (which I'm sure the employees LOVE) or go to Circle K to get a treat, or go swimming, etc etc. They want to do all these things every DAY. The whining and fighting and making messes is unbearable!! Its not helping that my life is turned upside down, my house is a mess with clutter that is stuff that has been "packed" and it is suffocating me!! And even worse, its making me very unmotivated. Oh man, get me outta here!! Mark and I are both at the end of our ropes!! I had to call him today at work to make sure it wasn't "Take your 4 boys to work day", and unfortunately, it wasn't. I realize that every family in America right now is experiencing this, but it dosen't make it any easier. My dad offered to take the 3 big kids to Thatcher early for the weekend (thurs. night) and I may have to take him up on it. Sorry mom!! LOL
2 comments:
Janel, I totally feel your pain! I really miss summers in Utah where kids would not be seen from dawn til dusk because there was so much adventuring to do. Summers in Arizona are not fun! Who made mom the official tour guide, chaueffer, and mediator anyway? I'd say you can send your kids my way, but Dayton might be the only one who had any fun! Hang in there! And, are you sure you have to leave?
Oh man, I hear ya! Our summer has been packed but I am EXHAUSTED from planning/arranging/driving/supervising. . . whatever.
How was NKOTB???
Post a Comment