Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hey peeps We're back from Missourri!

We had such a fun trip!! We ended up driving straight through.....20 HOURS!! I know, we are crazy kids. Well, more like impatient. :D We drove home straight through too. We did lots of fun things, and relaxed too. We saw some great Church History sites, including Adam-ondi-ahman, and Liberty. For some reason I didn't get the pictures I sent myself by e-mail so I'll get Jen to resend them. We relaxed by the pool, I got a massage where my SIL works, we took the kids to a movie, all sorts of stuff. It was great rainy stormy weather most nights which was fun and I soaked up all the moisture I could before coming home to the dry oven. The kids had a great time. They rode the go-cart over their 5 acres pretty much nonstop all week. The dads took the boys to a KC Cheifs autograph signing and open practice on Saturday. They loved it! The only mishap was Cade running the go-cart full speed straight into a tree and knocking out a bottom tooth and jacking up his face a little. I'm sure he had a mild concussion, poor guy. But I guess he learned his lesson not to be reckless on a motorized toy. The only things we missed doing were Jen and I eating at Panera Bread (I'm really bummed, but we kept forgetting and then we were out of time!) and it was rainy pretty much every night so I don't think the kids really got to catch fireflys. O well, that just means there are fun things to do next time we go! :D It really was a great trip, the kids had fun and so did the adults!!

And now......back to reality. Unpacking, packing and paper work are on the schedule today.

Oh and we got Jenns blog up and running, so be sure to say hi over there. Hopefully she'll keep us updated!! :D

EDIT: Have I ever mentioned that buying a house SUCKS?????? I want to rip all my hair out and then curl up in a ball in the dark until these papers are signed. If I was a drinker, this would be a good night to get wasted. Seriously. Its going to happen, but not before I have an ulcer the size of a volleyball. Mark and I both wasted our entire first day back on the phone, faxing, e-mailing and phone calling. I started this morning at 7 am with checking and printing e-mails, and it's not over yet at 4 pm. BLURG!!!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

You guys and Cody are nuts and love to drive for WAY too long like that!! I have to get out and take a break. Your trip sounded so fun! Except for the crazy story about Cade! Hope his "wounds" are healing!

Sorry about all the crazy house stuff. I for sure had the biggest ulcer from when we closed. I hope it got better this evening! Wish we were there to help you move. Good luck!! :)

Maddy said...

YEAY you're home! If only we could keep you longer. :(

AZ Hey-mon said...

Hey Janel, now that I can no longer secretly blog stalk you. yes you were one of the ones I loved to keep up on. Thanks to Maddy for outing me:P So happy for you moving, But so sad to not see you around school next year. I agree buying houses totally stinks!

Amy F. said...

Glad you're back! Sounds like a way fun trip!! Man, I wanna go there! So best of luck with the paperwork... take your time leaving :(

mtcowgirl said...

I'm glad your home safe and sound! It sounds like you had fun. How's Cade's mouth? When does he go to Utah? You're not going to believe this but it is snowing like crazy outside right now! Tons! On June 11th? Only in Montana!

Elizabeth said...

Glad you are home safe and sound, and glad you got Jenn going on her blog! Hope Cade heals up nice and quick!

The Tyler's said...

Can't tell you how happy we are to have you all back! But then that means it's that much closer for you to move! I hate it!
We had so much fun the other night! Thanks for being great neighbors! We love you guys!

Marla said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! How did Cade run his go-kart into a tree?! It sounds like you guys had a blast...maybe except for the 20 hours of driving! EEK!