It was pretty average weekend around here. Sleepovers, football games, driving, and chores. Mark was busy either working or sleeping except for Saturday because of the game. We are just dreading the next 8 or so weeks of football. Our game was in Glendale ths week, and we got killed again. Actually, they held their own and even scored against a team of boys that were CLEARLY over the size/weight limit. I swear they diet these kids down right before the weigh in so they can come in way bigger by the time the season starts and cream all the other littler kids. Its a notorious problem in the NYS league and for some reason we thought it wouldn't happen this time, but it is happening. I liked how our other league had a mandatory weigh in before every single game. This league dosen't do that so it is just super easy to cheat. It just sucks for our kids who follow the rules. BAH! Cade is 90 pounds with his pads on, on the line trying to block kids who are about 115 pounds. After a few plays, hes just beat up and mentally beat as well. I realize that that is just how football is, but is hard watching him go through it. I hope it helps him get some mental toughness if nothing else, at least he can hold his own and is doing pretty well.I had to take a picture of his battle wounds hte other night, he loves seeing himself all beat up, it makes him feel tough. Boys are wierd.


I PROMISE I did not do this to him!!! LOL
Tomorrow is playgroup at our house......um, yay. Just kidding, Dayton is so happy. I think the plan will be playdough, park, and mabye valentine cookies.
Friday night I got some FABulous scrapbooking done. It has been SOOOOO long, Its been mabye close to a year or so, I think. It was great to just relax, meet some fun ladies and recharge my battery a little. Thanks to Elizabeth, who the kids LOVE to babysit. I told Wyatt to be good for her before I left and he said "Oh, that will be sooooo easy!" He's so funny. I got about 8 layouts done, and they are pretty cute. My mom is the BEST, seriously we were at an open scrap at Scrapbooks etc. and she bought me a gorgeous new 12x12 binder plus let me put all my supplies on her tab. How awesome is that?? She didn't have to do that, but she just likes to. Then she gave me valentine gift bags full of stuff for the kids. She is the best! I hope I can treat all my grandkids and adult kids as good as all my moms treat me and my kids.
So that is the overview, now its time to put the house together so I can keep the damage to a minimum tomorrow. It wont be too hard, everything was shipshape all weekend because my landlord was coming over to fix the garbage disposal (which wasn't broken, just jammed) so I'm starting off the week on the right foot. Go me!!
5 comments:
I don't know HOW you do it all!
Cade is so cute with his battle scars. I must be weird too, 'cause when I get battle scars, I'm all proud of them too!
That's great that you got to get away and do something YOU love and with your Mom too!
Yea for mom time! Cade's pics are cute. Poor guy and the torture! Is it bad I don't want my boys playing football? Can they stick to the chess set?! I would HATE to see them get ran over by a bigger boy!
Oh man -- those pictures are pretty tough! Way to go Cade!
=)
Oh yah, he looks tough w/ those battle wounds. tee hee :)
Aren't Moms the best? My Mom lets me do stuff like that too (adding stuff to her bill). I never intend on doing it, she just surprises me! I agree, I hope I can be a cool mom & grandma just like her!
How FUN - 8 layouts in one night! you ROCK!! You should take a picture of them or scan them and post on your blog. I wanna see them!
Post a Comment