Not that I don't love Hannah Montana, cuz I do. Its more about me screwing up as a mom tonight. Well after Cade had gone to his NFL thing I was feeling like Sadie wa a little left out, since we usually do things that are more boy oriented. Honestly it just easier to do things that please the majority most of the time. Every once in a while she and I do something together. And she rarely complains and goes with the flow, so I thought it would be great to go to the Hannah Montana movie concert in 3D, but since it was only on for a week (now I guess they have exteneded it) the only night we could do it was tonight. We went and got tickets for the 7 pm show (the earlier one was sold out of course) and I spent about 3 hours of afternoon time literally BEGGING the kids to get their homework done, which only Cooper did (he always does) Well we ended up having to go before it got done and Cade was FAR from done. I knew he woudn't do it while I was gone, and of course, he didn't. Even Wyatt in KINDER got his done all on his own, and he struggles with focusing sometimes.
Long story short: I get home and Sadie has TONS to do, Cade has TONS, and they are just having meltdowns on me, and its now 9:30 pm. A better mom would have not even gone to the stupid thing if her homework wasnt done. I should have just bitten the 20 bucks and made my point, because the evening ended with slamming books (she won't finish and will be benched tomorrow, AGAIN) slamming doors, and Cade won't finish either, unless I get them up at 5:30 in the morning. My kids can really pour on the drama, it just kills me. They had PLENTY PLENTY of time to get it done earlier today, and they just WON"T. So I had to suspend ALL TV afterschool priveleges monday thru thursday, until spring break. I don't care if they all finish their homework, the TV is permanently OFF monday -thurs. That was the rule growing up, and I try to do that but I usually start caving in on it when they are on good behavior and getting things done. I'm really mad at them, Cade for stalling and then acting like such a punk and Sadie for not stepping up when she was in the midst of getting a special privelege.
For the record, Cade had a really good reward startegy set up for homework with his teacher, which she later watered down to where it wasn't very good and not much of an incentive. That dosen't help much, unfortunately. I HATE getting played by my kids, it happens every once in a while and it makes me madder than pretty much anything. It stresses me out like nothing else. It makes me feel like I'm not doing my job well enough, and its just too important not to do right. GARH!!I am so glad Sadie will be at a sleepover Friday night (unless she dosen't shape up, then thats getting yanked too!) and Cade has a campout, I'm getting a babysitter and going scrapbooking with my mom all night. Get me the heck outta here!!!
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

5 comments:
Being a Mom can be so tough some days. We really deserve a medal of honor, I tellya. Tomorrow WILL be a better day. And raising 5 kiddos is hard all by itself!! Breathe, then remember YOU ARE A TERRIFIC MOM.
You ARE a great mom and have taught your kids what is right. It's their agency and choices that make it tough sometimes. Good luck with the homework thing. I am nervous for those days! I am just glad that you actually follow through and pull priveleges. I was actually telling my friend here about how Christmas was put on hold at your house for awhile. I love that. I wish and hope I can be as tough. Her kids are nightmares and was looking for advice. I said she needed to actually follow through with the threats. So I am thankful for you example basically! :) How was the movie anyways?!
Hey it could be worse. I pulled the girls out early yesterday to go and we never got to homework...now who is the bad mom? (It was Savannah's birthday, but come on!)
I DREAD the days when Ellie is older. I can barely get her to do her homework now! Good job with the punishments.
I FEEL your PAIN!!! WE have had those days TONS!! I feel like such a mean & bad Mom when I have to yell & nag just for them to get it done. It hurts even more when you've just rewarded them with something special. I am all over them when it comes to their homework. I am a firm believer that it all has to be done & on time. I ground them and yank privileges too! Good for you for following thru (and I know how hard it is to keep it up). It's more work for me when they're in trouble because I have to stand my ground and be firm. You would think they would learn their lesson the first maybe second time, but it still happens here at
our house.
I mean it's taking me like 2 months to get the kids to totally clean up their messes because I refuse to clean up the messes they've made (they are old enough to know better and they can help out the younger ones).
Good Luck & I hope your weekend is better! Did you get some scrapbooking done? How FUN!! I just ordered the scrapbook 'today special value' from QVC (from Monday). So I can't wait for it to get here and I can do some hybrid projects!!
Post a Comment