I usually really like V-day, this year was pretty good. I got some beautiful roses and a card that made me cry (it was a funny one, too which was wierd, but I cried anyway) from Mark and I got him a card and 2 "SKOR" bars. Score, get it??? LOL Just kidding he's working tonight and the rest of the week so whatever. I guess the candy is as close as he gets to scoring this time. LOL!!! We're dumb, I know. We went to an early dinner at Phoenicia (yay, greek!!) and now its time to make red dinner (spegetti) and put the kids to bed.
Coopers class party went really good, the kids loved making candy leis, they turned out cute, and the heart match game was a big hit. All the moms thought I was so creative, but really I just stole ideas from Maddy. Thats how I roll. ;) I missed Wyatts party but I made it to Cades and Sadies. Dayton came home from preschool and declared that this was the best day ever!! LOL Cade made me a blinged out dog tag (cute!) and Wyatt made me a frame that is absolutely the CUTEST frame I've ever gotten from a 5 year old. I'll have to take a picture. We started the day with gift bags from my mom at breakfast with candy and 5 bucks inside. The kids were all in trouble last night so I wasn't much in the mood to run out for some fun and creative morning valentines activities as planned. We had cinnamon toast on heart plates. whoopie.
So anyway, heres a little parenting "thing" that happened last night. I had a bit of a meltdown. How many times do you think I've walked into what had recently been a picked up room and found disaster over the last 12 years or so???? Hmmmmmmmmm, I'd say it has to be close to thousands. Nobody seems to be learning the lessons of "mommy is not a maid" and we don't just throw anything anywhere as we please. SO I see the mess in the boys room and kinda snapped. Just a little. I didn't really yell tooooooo much, but the room got wierdly silent as I went and got a big black garbage bag and proceeded to pick up the room "my way". Oh yeah, every bit of it. I dumped every single toy that was in the room, toyboxes, and on the floor into it. Sadly, everyhting they own to play with fit in 1 bag. 4 boys worth of toys in 1 bag is pretty sad. It just illustrates how much I downsize their stuff to keep the mess to a minimum (which hasn't worked that well I guess). They sat there in stunned silence. I packed up ALL the dressups, and if you know my boys they are lost without dressups, but I was sick of seeing everything emptied to find one specific glove or mask. I even took the toys out of the tub and packed them. It is all out in the garage, neatly stored, ready to be earned back piece by piece. All they have now are a couple guys that were in the car or stashed out in another room. Even sadder, is that they havent' seemed to notice much. There is just 2 shelves with 4 empty plastic boxes where toys used to be. I yelled into Sadies room as I was hauling plastic boxes out... "You better get on board, or your room's NEXT!!" Well she got it picked up quick, so that worked. At least now when I tell them to pick up their stuff or I will do it for them "my way" MABYE they will get in gear.
I think the whole ordeal took the yippee out of my day today, but thats OK, I'm hoping it will help in the long run. Or else I'll just go down in the books as a total freak. Either way, whatever. :D
Anyway......LOST is on tonight!!!!!! And lots of other good stuff. Time to get this night wrapped up so I can self medicate with TV!!!!! :D
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

5 comments:
You crack me up! 'Cleaning up your way' - I love it!! It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one snapping around here.
I have done that!!! But I told them it was in the trash. They didn't just sit by calml and watch. My kids freak out when I start bagging everything. There are tears and crying and fast-paced picking up. They try to beat me. I eventually gave it back and just dumped it in the middle of their room (when 3 kids shared 1 room) and made them clean it up in 10 minutes. I've never seen them clean so fast in my life.
But you'd think they'd learn from that. NOPE! Still fighting messes here too!!
Hope last night was better. And today even better than that!!! It's the weekend!! YAY!!
I LOVE YOU! I LOVE your parenting and admire all of it. Tough love works over here too. I'm keeping this idea on the backburner for when they get older. What did you think of Lost?! I am so addicted now. I need to go rent the last few seasons to catch up, even though they do so good at filling you in on the necessary background info. Oh, and cute Skor bar idea! :)
Janel, I love the "freakout". I think they are good to have to get kids to know you're serious! My Mom had to do that with us (mostly my older sisters...I learned from observing), and it definitely got the point across! I don't blame you at all for not wanting to be their "maid". It's hard for me not to put 'everything in its place' right away when ever Shawn puts something down because then he gets accustomed to that, yikes!
Ooooh, good to know my mommy role model still has meltdowns! I always look up to you as a been-there done it mom for advice. you're AWESOME!
Post a Comment