Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The ants go marching......

Yesterdays playgroup went amazingly well. Who knew that a 4 dollar pack of playdough could entertain 6 preschoolers for an entire hour??? It was AWESOME! So I tore them away from the rolling and cutting long enough to go to the park, and I see an ant struggling with a big crumb. I call the kids over to watch. After about a minute one of the kids suddenly stomps on the ant giving him a surprise death. I felt sorry for the ant for some reason! LOL A few minutes later I see another one carrying a piece of popcorn 3 times its size, so I call them over again this time teling them to just watch and see where he goes with it. A couple of them were just dying to stomp on it. Dayton sees them getting a little too close and says "NO, don't kill him, he just watched his brother get killed!!" Luckily the little guy made it home to the sand with his popcorn to tell the sad tale of the murder in the family. LOL

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet moment. Dayton will love this story when he gets older!

Maddy said...

So who stomped on the ant? I'm guessing mine, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Tanner.

Chelsea said...

That is the best story. :)