I'm not sure who I'm madder at....MLK or James Earl Ray for the stupid holiday we have today with NO SCHOOL. I know I should be like a cool mom and have cool activities planned and spend quality time yadda yadda but I am entertaining my friends 3 kids in addition to mine. Plus, I'm a little yanked that we have yet another monday off school and it's negating my playgroup freedom. And Mark is working all his nights off so he's attempting to sleep before he goes back in tonight. I just don't have the energy or resources or patience to drag 8 kids ANYWHERE. They made snowcones, did the dog-walking, playstation, movie, gone to the park, eaten about 6 times, I'm pretty much out of ideas. The big boys want to walk down to Gamestop, to which the answer was a giant HECK NO!. Now they want to paint. The extra kids were supposed to be picked up over 2 hours ago but due to plane delays....are stil here and will continue to be here. Its nobodys fault, I have been on the opposite end of this dilemma before, but I'm just ready to get my house together and have this day over. I did manage to escape to the gym for an hour earlier today, and I have been eating clean and have almost all my gallon of water gone, which I feel great about.
So my coping strategy is....accomplish a couple things that can't be undone by the tasmanian devils, like workouts,laundry and blogging. I think I can think of 3 chores that I can hand out to each set of friends to accomplish, mabye if I type it out in cool fonts and colors it will seem more fun. Now I just need a bribe. How about: "if you do all these chores in the next 30 minutes you wont have to clean up all the fresh blood....." LOL I'm KIDDING!!
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

7 comments:
Funny. "fresh blood." Such a mom comment. Nice blog.
"Clean up the fresh blood!" too funny!! Extra kids is tiresome. I get tired of all the kids wanting to eat everything in the house! I tell them if they want more they're gonna have to start paying for it. LOL :)
Ugh! I am so sorry you missed out on the relaxation today! If it makes you feel any better, I had to take Dustin to the airport in the middle of it, so Sadie missed her nap and I wasn't childless either! Although my Sadie is a lot easier to handle than that extra brood of kids you had. You're awesome!
I'm so sorry you had a crazy day on your special Monday! And I'm sorry that my kids probably made it worse being over at your house! I'm proud of you for making it to the gym still. For me, that would have been the first thing to excuse.
Man you are something! Of course, I'm not surprised - you can handle anything! Thanks for letting us hang out and chat last night. That was fun!
Hey! you had a rough day. I was thinking the same thing about MLK day I had unexpected traffic and was almost late to work. I know that's nothing compared to your day though. Oh and your #2 was so cute I almost cried. Wyatt is so Tall! Or Cooper is small? Maybe both. Oh and hopefully the lady that you were watching the kids for doesn't read your blog. LOL.
lOVE YOU, you are such a great mom and person. Oh and BTW Those scratches are old, Bopper and I went surfing during low tide in a shallow area like the first month we were dating. Long time ago. haha.
=)
go4steffie@aol.com
Hows it going girl?
Post a Comment