Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Its like a party in my mouth!

This morning I finally got up the motivation to make Rae's Chicken Cacciatore. I love Rae, she is an Aussie Figure Competitor and she is such an awesome lady with the best attitude.I've been blog stalking her for a couple years now. Her blog is always so uplifting! Shes at raecattach.blogspot.com. Anyway, I think what made it kind of hard for me to finally make the recipe was that I had convert things and look up ingredients, for instance I had no clue what "capsicum" was, and I had to change kilos to pounds. Not that it is hard to find these things out, but that kind of obstacle can keep me from a project, I'm wierd like that. But since the veggies I bought for it werent going to last forever and Mark took my car this morning, I'm stuck at home and today was the day. Can I just say YUMMO! I am going to repost the recipe here with my own conversions, I hope she won't mind, but then mabye some of you could enjoy this also. The best part is now I have 10 servings (well, 9 now :) I don't know if this is exactly like hers, but it looked like her pictures and was delish.

Rae's Chicken Cacciatore (American style)

1T olive oil
2.5 lbs chicken breast, cut as small as possible
2 onions chopped
1 whole celery bunch, chopped
1-2 red bell peppers, chopped
1 package sliced mushrooms
2 zucchini chopped

1 large jar pasta sauce (I used no sugar added Ragu I got at Wal Mart)
1 can tomato paste(not sure I would add this next time)
1 large can crushed tomatoes
4-5 garlic cloves
Crushed pepper(to taste)
Italian herbs (to taste)
2 chicken stock cubes
salt and pepper (to taste)

1.Heat oil in large pot and add the onion, red pepper and celery. Cook until onion is soft
2. Add chicken breast and cook through, breaking up chunks
3. Add the tomato paste and stir.
4. Add seasonings, garlic, chicken stock cubes, and pasta sauce.Mix it all up well.
5. Add the remaining vegetables.
6. Lower the heat and simmer and heat through.
7. Portion out into 10 containers (the 2 cup size) and pop into the freezer.

I could EASILY eat this twice a day, its like a super chunky spegetti sauce with chicken mixed in. the crushed pepper gives it a really nice little bite on the end, it was so flavorful. Of course I want pasta with it but I will refrain! LOL

Now I have to reorganize my freezer LOL

I think I'm in the mood to try some of Amy's homemade granola. I better do it before all my raw almonds are eaten by the kids!

10 comments:

Pamela said...

Sounds yummy! Yes I am alive.. :)

smilingsarahbear said...

That sounds sooo good. Yay for new recipes! Thanks so much for your willingness to help me with my BFL program- you're such a sweetheart! Way to go with getting back on the bandwagon. And thanks for the bloglink... I'm always looking for good blogs to stalk! Keep it up and I'll talk to you later!

The Tyler's said...

Sounds Yummy!
I'm still waiting to try that bread you and Cade made!! It looked so good!

Anonymous said...

Recipe sound really tasty. Enjoy!

Chelsea said...

yum!! I will have to try this. :)

Breezy said...

If you ever have a food question let me know I'll ask Bops. and the :m: WORD actually could be applied to all of the above.

Breezy said...

Yeah its a red bell pepper. Capsicum

Colorado Kid said...

Hey you guys better call me when you come to town.

Here is my e-mail

red-e-fitness@sbcglobal.net

E-mail me and I will provide you guys all my numbers. I would love to hang out and get caught up!!!

Cas

Steven said...

Did you have another kid while I was away? Holy crap! You're crazy. You get my vote for mom of the year! Way to keep the blog going.

Steven said...

Whoops, now I see that is an old picture.