I swear I am so thrown off, I have no clue. I'm all turned around with the sleeping in and the days of nothing specific planned. I'm VERY ready for school and routine. Here are a couple updates on different subjects:
Fitness:
I went the other day and got myself assessed at the gym. I was really dreading the numbers I was sure I'd be seeing. It tells you your "body" age (as opposed to chronological age) and your body fat % (I was REALLY dreading that number-I'm soooo squishy!) Bicep strength, cardio strength and weight. Yikes yikes double yikes. All I wanted was a simple BF% test, but the trainer convinced me to just do the whole thing on the spot.I hadn't had a test done with calipers since high school! I was pretty annoyed at first, but I really ended up liking the trainer. Turns out that she does figure comps on a national level (not sure exactly what that means-she has a pro card?) and she has trained people to do competitions. Uh-oh, knowing someone who actually trains girls is a step closer than I was....ugh!ANYWAY I was expecting to be a body age of about 37+, I was actually 32 ( a year younger than my real age!) and my body fat was -drumroll please.........21%!!!! I was expecting 26 or more! The other really cool thing, was that it showed that I had 122 pounds of LEAN mass and 33 pounds of fat. I was totally shocked! And in a good way. I could lose as little as 20 pounds and be very low fat and happy. Of course that means that the fat I do have to lose will be quite stubborn and I wil have to work very hard and be just about perfect. Bleh. My cardio was pretty weak, but I would expect that as little as I have run this year, and my bicep strength was pretty good. She looked at a typical day of clean eating (my own realistic mealplans of what I actually do eat) and she said I am eating WAY too much dairy, which I already knew but it was good to hear it from someone else. If I ever had the money to get serious and compete I would consider hiring this girl, she wasn't a "fluffy" gym type. It was nice to walk away from the conversation feeling good and not in despair. I guess I haven't fallen off as much as I thought, or mabye I was doing better before than I thought, either way I was wrong in a good way.
I got all my groceries and some more tupperware for my bulk cooking. First I am making Rae's chicken cacciatore soup stuff, I think it looks so good, and a couple precision nutrition recipes.
TV: I am SO excited for all the fun new shows coming up. SO many to pick, thank goodness for DVR! First of all, hello, American idol on the 15th, BIggest Loser already started, I LOVE celbrity Apprentice last night it was so great. I HATE Omorosa. She is just ridiculous. I hate that they even put her on the show with celebrities. We don't need to feed her overinflated ego, people. THen of course is Amazing Race already in progress, and a new Survivor coming in January (I'm prety sure). Then some new ones like Bruno vs. CarrieAnn, American Gladiators, and there has to be another SYTYCD starting sometime soon, right?? THat is all just for network shows, I can't forget about my REAL trash TV like Scott Baio is 46 and pregnant, and Rock of Love 2, I can't miss those. I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch. But I won't forget the big daddy of all shows, LOST coming back January 31. I really hope the strike is over soon, becuase I need the Office to come back on NOW. OK Its scaring me how many shows I love, but how else do I escape???
Organizing:
Well I havent organized anything since the garage the other day, but I am going to tackle my car next. Tomorrow. Then the closets. January is going to be a PURGE-a-thon. As if I were moving, but not packing up.
Church:
New year, new songs to teach. Tomorrow is Saturday, I better get on that one, huh?? Its nice to have someting specific to work on, its so much easier.
OK so thats the updates, probably not to exciting to most people. Fun times.
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

7 comments:
When i read your blogs it's crazy at how similar our lives are. I had to wake up, get everyone ready and out the door by 8:30am today. It felt like 6am. Made it, took too much effort. it will be nice when tuesday comes. a realtor showed our house today and lets just say it has gone down hill the past two days. since we weren't home i gave chandler the okay to let them over. when we got home i walked around the house and i couldn't believe i let someone in. even being strangers i am embarrassed. anyways three more days and semi/freedom again. and time to clean.
Good job on the assessment! See, your healthy habits (even though not perfect) are paying off. They keep you from going off the deep edge. I have yet to get my bf measured. It's a little depressing, b/c my mommy skin is so bad.
Your big 'garage purge' motivated me. I could never do that!!! too much stuff in my garage. I wish dh would take responsibility and clean it out!
Can't wait to hear how Raes' CC turns out.
Hey Janel!!! Pretty cool assessment you got there. The trainer sounds really neat.
I will admit can't wait for.. rock of love 2 or scott baio 46& pregnant!!
I have done a lot of organizing myself this week.
Hope all your cooking is going well. Which reminds me I need to get to the store. Have a great day.
It is funny but I love the Rock of Love show, watched the first one and I voted for the stripper, figured he would still be with her but oh well, I am not Bret! Read your blog all the time and think the world of you and your family. Drop in on my blog if you have time, take care sweetie, Udenia http://udeniasfitnessjourney.blogspot.com/
I would die if someone made me take a fat arm test with those awful pinchers that hurt so bad. I think it was in 9th grade the last time I had to do that. Blah! You really are inspiring to go work out. But then you listed lots of tv shows that I can't wait to watch and that took out my motivation to workout! You really are so awesome!
It's nice to know we're not the only ones that watch so much TV. Thank goodness for TIVO or we'd miss everything! Dayton & Bailey go back to school on Tuesday right?
UPDATE!!!! Hayyyyy!!!
Post a Comment