Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Garage purge- And Party On Wayne(party on Garth)

Everyone who drove past my garage today was probably thinking we were moving or something. But NO, I took every last item out and put it on the front lawn (becasue I'm classy like that) and hosed the whole works down. I had already this morning put all the Christmas away so it was all ready to go to its designated spot. I would have taken a picture to show the wonderful clean walls and corners, except it is back full of boxes, and compared to most poeple (ahem, everyone) in my neighborhood it still looks like the beverly hillbilies live here. Seriously, what does everyone DO with all of their holiday decorations?? Mabye I just have too much. Is 9 big boxes and 2 trees too much?? LOL I don't really have a usable attic (that I know of) so stacked to the ceiling it goes. Oh well, its cleaned and labeled and stacked neatly, its the best I can do. 6 HOURS it took, and my hands feel like sandpaper, but I finished. And redecorated my blank house a little. I really love a fresh clean slate.

Last night we had some of Marks cousins and my MIL over for a little game playing and soup. It was super fun. It is fun getting to know their new wives and litle baby Jones. We are really living like rockstars, staying up till all hours and sleeping till 10 every day. Its been almost a week of this, and I am loving it! I do have to actually get up tomorrow, darn it and hit the gym by 9 for some car-dee-OH! It is gonna hurt! I guess mabye living on nothing but Mountain Dew and half a 9x13 pan of dump cake for the last 2 days wasn't such a good idea, huh?? Well NOW the holidays are officially over. Dang it!





I love that my boys REALLY like babies. They just loved this little guy.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

6 hours??? Craziness! That was a lot of fun, coming over to your place. The soups were good too! Isn't Penny wonderful? I can't wait til they move out here.

smilingsarahbear said...

I love all the posts. Looks like you guys have had awesome holidays. So I start my BFL in 2 weeks- I'm gonna need your motivation. Looks like you're already getting off to a great start. Hopefully we can keep more in touch... I'm gonna need all the motivation I can get. I gotta get rid of this post-preggo body! Good luck and keep it up!

Aimee said...

I'm jealous...we missed all the fun!

Marla said...

Um...9 boxes? that's it? Come on Janel, you need to start collecting more stuff! (said with sarcasm), my mom has 50+ boxes of Christmas decorations! In fact, this year we couldn't even figure out which one had the Christmas tree ornaments in it, and my brother and I decided NOT pull down ALL the boxes to find them....by the way....we put all 50 boxes in the rafters with all the other "treasures" my parents have accumulated over the last however many years...so I think with 9 boxes, you are O.K. By the way....I LOVED this entry of your blog, I haven't laughed that hard this week til I read this entry!! THANK YOU!

KatieFeldmom said...

Such a sweet picture. My 4 year old is loving his new cousin who is a month old. I keep asking if he wants a sister at home though and he says no, so I am safe.

Our garage is thrashed right now. I don't even go in it now that I park outside since the door is broken. Now that is classy. A broken door.

Maddy said...

I hate you and your organization!