Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cloverfield!!

We went out for Greek (YUMMY!) and then watched Cloverfield last night. We pretty much liked it. Its one of those that is scary because of what you CAN'T see, and it is wierd to have it all be on home movie. It did seem quite realistic, and there were certainly some freaky parts. It did start out pretty slow, I'm thinking "OK, uh, lets get this going now" but it was good. Our kids were so freaked out that we went to it. When we got home (at almost midnight!!!) they had a million questions. Cooper even asked if I was nervous about the movie BEFORE we left. LOL It was really good.

I guess I should clarify....Just Mark and I went to the movie....no way would we take the kids to that unless we'd seen it already! After the comments and rereading my post I realized that it sounded like we took them! No way!! :D And the shaky camera did not make me sick, it was more annoying to want to see things you couldn't, just like in regular home movies.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I've wanted to see that movie since they started showing the short teaser and they didn't release the title yet. I think they had a preview when Transformers came out in the summer. Did you get "motion sickness" because of the jittery camera? I heard it can do that plus I saw warning signs posted at the theater yesterday when I was there.

Chelsea said...

I want to know about the motion sickenss thing too. I am proud of the kids for watching a scary movie. I can't do them. Cody makes me and I get so freaked out for days after. If tv shows are scary and I watched it alone I truly run to my room like a little girl and wake Cody up. And yes...I have a night light still! :)

Amy F. said...

I'm glad you guys got a movie night! I wanted to stay home and watch the Miss America Pageant (so girly, right?) and so that was a good excuse for Shawn to go hang with his brother. I'm so freakin' proud of you for stickin to the diet! I am trying to really get back on track BEFORE I have the baby - one less thing to deal with after he's born, you know?! Anyway, you're awesome!

Anonymous said...

So glad you both got to go see a movie!!! YAY!!