Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My ideal life

I don't want to be a desperate housewife. I want to be busy. I don't need jewlery or anything lavish. I really don't even need a cleaning lady(although if I really could afford it I would definetly consider it). That being said, this is what I would envision my life to be somewhat resembling.....


I'd wake up in the morning,get my workout in and be home by 6:30am. The school-age kids can get themselves up but then I'd still have an hour to get them ready and out the door by 7:30. By then have a load of laundry going and get showered and ready. Get the little boys breakfast and spend a part of the morning picking up and doing the chores. Or if it was a preschool day for Wyatt(starting in the fall) I'd get him to school and then run errands while I just had Dayton. In a REALLY awesome world I'd have a little drop-in preschool for Dayton too (he's gonna feel so left out and lonely with out a "school" to go to like all the other kids) The I'd use that time to do appointments, shopping, or how crazy would it be to just go home alone and do a project or scrapbook or something???!!! I could meet Mark for a quick lunch (or just a quickie! LOL) or something every once in a while, too. On to the afternoon...Pick up the little boys and have lunch, let them play at home while I get dinner planned/started and check in with my blends, then time to pick up the 3 older kids. Then about an hour of homework, then either running to whatever activity for the kids (and Sadie and I would hopefully have dance once a week, boys have the sport things.) Ok so come home, pick up the house, clean up dinner, prayers and bed for the kids. Mark and I watch whatever shows we had recorded on the DVR and the day is done.

Sounds crazy but its what I want. And obviously, Some days Id take a power nap in the afternoon, days there is no preschool Id be at home most of the day, I won't have errands or shopping every single day, but this is like an overview of the general idea. I would schedule my house cleaning on certain week days, to make sure it gets done. My other things I want to accomplish this coming year are to rebuild my piano playing skills, take a real dance class, and accomplish my fitness goals. I also want to get caught up on my scrapbooking and get my pictures organized, even the ones I won't be putting in scrapbooks.

Other things I need this year:
(totally depends on how the $$ plays out)

A new vehicle(current car is at 149,00 miles, its gonna go soon I'm sure)
My piano IN MY HOUSE
Video Camera
All my carpet and upholstery and grout cleaned
New clothes (im so stuck in the 90's)
I'd like to switch gyms to a better one
My years supply of food for the family
Start next years Christmas the week of Thanksgiving and be done by 12/20

As you can see I am shifting gears into insanity mode with my excessive planning. Thats OK I like it better.

On another note, I did manage to get to the gym(2nd day in a row Woo hoo)and I cooked my turkey. I have a little spark of enthusiasm for getting back into the swing of things. Just trying to shield my face from the punches of life.

Bring on 2006!

5 comments:

Christie said...

I like your ideal life...sounds great to me girl.

Here is to 2006, and to all your wishes coming true.
Hugs
Christie

Tracey said...

Not too much to ask for. Actually this sounds do-able, whats stopping you. Maybe 2006 is the year for your "ideal life".

I want a pool - not an above ground job and inground pool with a patio. I can guarantee 2006 is not going to be the year for that!

Steven said...

That's a really, really busy day. You might need more sleep than I thought (see your previous post).

Janel said...

LOL Steve, I am an 8 hour kind of girl. I always have been. But I can do less if I get a good catch up nap once a week, and I tend to need less if I get hopped up on caffeine (which is the plan, of course). Tell Vicky good luck on getting sleep, at first it is pretty hard, but if you get a good sleeper the major sleep shortage only lasts a few months :D

Mari said...

My all your dreams come true. You should take that plan and run with it.