Still holding strong at 140. mabye 142.This is pretty good considering how bad I've been for the last few months. My set point is VERY strong, and my body loves this weight. I've been here since jr. year of high school. Which back then I thought i was a cow. Well, I guess I still feel like a cow but now I have a better reason.(older, kids, etc) The jeans I got last month still fit the same. But I could be SO much better. I could be really smokin'. And I will be. I am kind of chomping at the bit to get going, but I know I need to wait. I am pretty excited about going to the gym tomorrow. I did what I thought was a pretty good UBWO on monday, but I wasn't really sore at all. That just tells me that I need to kick it WAY up. So Jan 2 it is on. Betagen. REAL ThermodynamX (I accidentally got some generic crap off ebay)6 meals, all balanced, and a gallon of water. 3 HIITs and 3 HEAVY weight workouts a week. Real free day. Thats it. Pure and simple. I'm getting stoked!!!
My dad has informed me that he is going to start a challenge in Jan. I am excited about that. He was the one who got me into BFL back in the day (2000)Back in the old muscle&fitness mag days. I remember GETTING the ab bootcamp issure. LOL I hope he's serious. I know he feels like crap right now so I think he's for real going to do it. During the week he lives about 8 miles away and has a home gym at my grandmas (where he stays) so I may do 1 workout a week over at his place. Just for fun. He works out instensly like I do. He has everything in his gym, too. It would be motivational to work out with him every once in a while. Yeah, OK I"m a bit of a daddys girl. :) He would push me, though.
One thing I have noticed about the BFL people. It's the intensity. Like really, scary intense. But how do they maintain that fire? Is it that once they are in that circle of "champions" and it becomes part of their career it is just more a way of life? I am very interested in this question. Am I going to have to become some sort of fitness person like a trainer or find some people to coach or something?? I would love to do that. I guess I am not that good at being accountable to myself, I have to have more outside influence. Its not enough to just want to be in shape for me, and to look good. I have to have a real REASON besides me. Oh well I havn't even gotten there yet I guess i should just cross that bridge later.
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

6 comments:
Hey Girl~ I'm excited to start too!! I just told Russ last night how stoked I am to hit it hard! We worked out last night Chest and Triceps, but we are not in Hard Core BFL mode. I want to be! I think it is awesome that we will have a BLENDS group doing it together!!!! YEAH
Stef :-)
Boy do I know what you mean about the bod loving the weight its at. WTF is with that? Who put my big ass in charge? I am the boss of me and when I say ass too big I mean ass TOO BIG. I will decide what the scale says not some stupid big ass. I am getting sick & tired of this arguement with my ass I tell ya. There's gonna be some changes around here! I AM THE BOSS OF ME!!!
My dad also works out intensely. Not BFL, but he's been working out for about 20 years now, with no real breaks (just forced breaks...he's never quit). So, I am also Daddy's Little Girl...drives my mom nuts, b/c she is not into weight lifting.
I have trouble maintaining the constant intensity, too. For me, there are peaks and valleys of it. So far, I just can't be intense all the time.
Chomping at the bit is right! That's awesome about your dad. My father-in-law is actually trying the program. Well, sortof -- the eating. He's a difficult study. A project. :-)
I'm in the same boat as you as far as maintaining the weight. I'm at 139-142, depending on how many minutes I wait between weighing myself again, LOL. I figure I lost a little muscle and gained a little pudge -- no biggy.
I REALLY lost some strength and cardio endurance, though. I've done two workouts this week and wow, do I hurt. I'm doing the old-man-walk, wince-when-your-butt-hits-the-toilet routine.
But that's a good thing, right?
I didn't take pictures or starting stats or anything. When Jan. 2 comes around, I'll do that again.
Man, would I LOVE to slim down my upper body and see some real definition in my arms. I was pretty darn close this summer, especially considering my eating is never spot-on.
My old "set point" for my weight was 156. I hovered around there for about 10 years. I need to keep that in mind when I'm frustrated with myself for slowing down at 140 now.
I'm beginning to understand why fitness magazines are constantly talking about "blast those last 10 pounds!" It's harder when you get closer to goal.
OK, blog pirate signing out.
that's awsome about your Dad. Having workout partner is such a big motivator for me - I'll bet you'll enjoy it too.
Man, I only WISH my set point was in the 140's!
OH Goody I can actually write this time! tried to write you last night about the Mark story & it kept say stupid things "like this Blog cannot be found" (?)WTF?? & the night before was MY night with " SMENITA"- Grrrr stupid word!
Funny what you say about the body having some sort of set point... mine seems to be at about the same place give or take 5lbs... ONE Day I WILL see the much dreamed of 130! ~lol...
Very neat that your Dad works out.. Mine is so set in the mentality that all you need to do in life is to "Work Hard"..
Mind you his chores include chopping wood & dragging logs up on the beach & hand clearing parts of their property.. so I guess I have to be happy that he is getting excercise.. but he still thinks what I do is WEIRD!
Hugs Lala*
Post a Comment