Monday, December 19, 2005

Hi

Tonight I had the chance to go to GREAT Christmas program at Gammage auditorium(where all the big broadway acts come) and it was called "the Forgotten Carols" by Michael McLean. It was so so Wonderful!!! A totally uplifting experience, is an understatement. The songs ( BEAUTIFUL songs) are Christmas songs written from the perspective of the "forgotten" christmas characters, the shame and guilt felt by the innkeeper, the shephard that fell asleep and missed out, homeless men realizing their uncommon similarities to Jesus, etc. all woven together in a story about about an uptight nurse and how she learns to feel love. I have had the CD and loved it for 10+ years, but I finally got to hear the whole story. A M A Z I N G!! I took Sadie with me and we made it girls night out!

Here are my Sevens! (thanks, K!)

Seven things to do before I die:

1. go on a cruise
2. love my body
3. go on a church mission with Mark
4. provide an entire Christmas for a family in need
5. go to Hawaii
6. take Mark home to Minnesota to see where my roots are
7. build my dream home

Seven things I cannot do:

1. whistle
2. be a Phoenix Suns Cheerleader
3. control the actions of others
4. purposely be mean to someone
5. keep my laundry caught up for a month straight
6. do a back handspring
7. wrap both ankles around my head

Seven things I admire in others:

1. Real humor
2. generosity
3. big muscles
4. singing/musical ablility
5. perpetual happiness
6. frugality
7. non-procrastinators ;)

Seven things I say most often:

1. GUYS!! STOP IT!!!
2. Umm, mabye later/next time, OK?
3. Get going on your homework!!!
4. Come on, guys!
5. Oh, what-EVER!!
6. I'm Sorry
7. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

Seven books I love:

1. Body for life
2. Lion the witch and the Wardrobe
3. the Book of Mormon
4. The Best Nest by P. D. Eastman
5. Eating for life
6. The Total Money Makeover
Thats all I have right now ;)


Seven movies I have watched over and over again:

1. Dirty Dancing
2. Grease
3. Napolean Dynamite
3. Better off Dead
4. The great outdoors
5. Uncle Buck
6. FOOTLOOSE!!!
7. Legends of the Fall

Seven people I want to join in:

1. Teresa
2. Steve
3. Pamela
4. Tracey
5. Lisa
6. Christie
7. Beverly

and everyone who reads this!!!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Sounds like a fantatic story!! I love the idea of "hearing" about the people in the story that are in the back ground... I think I identify with them.. ;)

Very cool you had a "girls night! "
As to the 7 ... alright I'll get at it!

Mari said...

Hey Janel Wanted to say hi have not been on much. I think you are the first person to put BFL as your book good one. Girls night out what a blast.

Tracey said...

Just for fun I thought I should tell you:

SEVEN THINGS I CAN DO (copied from Janel):

1. whistle - put kind of pretend like
2. be a Phoenix Suns Cheerleader - of course I could they just haven't interviewd me
3. control the actions of others - of course I can, I always do
4. purposely be mean to someone - I am all the time.....aren't I being so right now?
5. keep my laundry caught up for a month straight - of course I can if its a month staight and its dirty I throw it out, why wash it?
6. do a back handspring - yeah, you should see that
7. wrap both ankles around my head - yeah, you should see that too; quite a show!!!!! LOL

I'll do mine too - thanks Janel!