Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Looking ahead

Let me start with saying that my favorite present this Christmas was my piano! It was my parents, they don't have room for it and it had been sitting at a friends house for 2 years waiting for us to come get it. Mark HATES moving sutff like that, so for a surprise Christmas morning it was sitting in the living room. YAY!! I love it and I am loving re-learning all my old sonatinas and show tunes (its been 10 years since I played, after 12 years of lessons, I used to be pretty darn great at it)Its amazing how after so much time it comes back so fast. I need lots of practice though! Can't wait to start some new songs, too! I'm also teaching my kids to sing parts, which they are liking so far. No more guilt over that wasted ability anymore!

I have been continuing to stuff my face, and its getting so sickening, BUT I am looking ahead to what next week will bring(and the next 12 weeks) and I am geting so excited!! I havn't done my actual official goals yet, but here are some beginnings (and this is for the family too, not just my fitness)

Clean out my house(of course :P)
The whole family is going OFF soda
Praying together every morning before school
Get my butt to the gym by 6 am (come on, its not really that early!!)
post at least one uplifting post on tracker every day


Anyway that is a start. I just love this "off" week between Christmas and new years, it gives us a chance to relax and contemplate what we want to accomplish in the coming year. Ive just been hangng out with the kids and Mark, we went and saw Narnia yesterday(loved those books as s kid, movie was awesome!) and tomorrow I am going to use my zoo pass to take the kids to the zoo(the weather here is unbelievable right now!)


As far as new years plans, We always go to Marks Aunt and Uncle's, everyone comes from out of town (cali and NM) and new years eve we make homemade pizza all night and play games and hang out till midnight, then the next morning we go back for AWESOME gourmet belgian waffles with all the toppings. I'm a little weary of doing the same thing every flippin year(going on 12 years now) but it is pretty fun. The kids play with their cousins and Mark plays Dominoes (yawn)with the guys, I usually just watch kids and eat and chat. And I end up doing hair too for some people, which is actually fun, too. Mark has a very nice family.

7 comments:

Mari said...

What a great start on your gaols. Sounds like a fun New Years mm pizza. I can not even imagine how awesome this challenge is going to be, we are all ready to jump in!

Christie said...

Girl we are so gonna rock this challenge...now how come one of your goals for 2006 was not to meet me?????

Lori said...

That's great. As a little girl I always wanted a piano. My mom finally got me one when I was 16. I sold it after I got a baby grand about 8 years ago, THEN I traded the baby grand in for a top of the line...mac computer. STUPID!!!

Lori

zooman said...

I'm glad things are going so good for you right now.It is so great to see you happy and having a good time and enjoying the holidays. Everyone was right when they said things will get better and they have. And good for you on starting your goals.You are going to do a jam up job this next challenge!Can't wait to see your results.

Amy said...

Sounds like some great goals for the new year. A friend tried giving me piano lessons herself. I am not sure if i made it past lesson number one. Was not too motivated to learn I guess. At the time though keyboards were really big so that was what i was more interested in. And another friend had a fun keyboard that light up what keys to push for different songs.

PartTimeMom said...

ooo a piano! My Dad's 'love' got a piano for Christmas too - he says she loves it.

You're new years sounds great - ours will probably be. Sit around the house and play computer games - hope we manage to stay up until midnight.

Tracey said...

Awww Janel, everything sounds absolutely great. Me, not muscially inclined, not one bit but I can play "Chopsticks" so I think thats great about your piano :) I've always wanted to be one of those types at a party or something, set down my glass of wine, roll my fingers across the piano, play some snappy tune, start singing then have the whole group of people singing with me playing the piano - like Elton John or something ROFLMAO.

Narnia - funny, I'd never even heard of this before I saw the commercial on TV for the movie - go figure. Steve & I are taking Alexis (without Chloe) for "date night" - I hope its good to make up for the 15 bucks we spend on 3 cents worth of popcorn & 7 cents worth of pop!!!!!

New Years - wouldn't mind spending it with you eating while you do something with MY HAIR!!!!

Happy New Year! Looking forward to your positive posts next year, ha!