

Slowly I am coming around here. I decided on a whim to add red to my tree. I actually have some ribbon to put on it but mabye I'll have time later. All I added was some silk pointsetias I already had and some red and gold balls I already had. What a difference!!! I also had Mark set up the ladder before he left so I can put lights on the house today. This is what he says to me "Don't worry, if you fall, its not that high" WHAT???? I'm like" Yeah, I'll probably just break some bones or crack my head open, I wouldn't actually DIE" Thanks for the support, hon! Of course, as his job he cleans pigeons and their crap and nests off of roofs twice as high as ours on a daily basis so he dosn't have a lot of sympathy for me doing lights.
I also cleaned up a dusty OLD wreath I've had forever, added pointsettias to that too and fluffed it and hung it. Mark has some decent work, Christmas is coming around although at the last minute (as ususal) but I think we can pull it around somewhat. Being positive...being positive......
On the fitness front: 3 days in a row baby!!! I was DYING yesterday from tuesdays LBWO..and All I really did was lunges and leg press!! LOL But I had a decent HIIT yesterday, I'm a little nervous about UBWO today since I enjoy having the use of my arms and all, but I will do it. I'm just glad I don't have to run today! Eating, not so great but nothing like I was doing before so thats good. I gotta get rid of the DC somehow, but I really like it! :)I am down 3 pounds from the monday weigh in (whew)But I still need to get some more off before Jan 1. Then I'll take pics again.
EDIT:
Oh my freaking hell I was scared shitless!!! I'm so not kidding I got up to the top of the ladder and froze. Our roof tiles are flat and smooth. I couldn't make the move ON to the roof. I was totally wimping out. I got boxes and the staple gun up there, then I stood at the top for about 5 minutes and just waited and tried to get more comfortable. Do I go right or left?? I decided to go left. One foot up....one hand down..then suddenly I'm crouching on the edge of the roof. Leg soreness?? Oh I was feeling no pain since I think all the blood was out of my extremities and pumping through my heart. I'm sure I looked ridiculous LOL so I crawl about halfway up and look down the other side to the edge where I am supposed to start and then I kind of freaked out. I sat there and called Mark "I can't I can't" I can't go to the edge He says "Oh, you probably wont' fall...its not that high" AAAAHHHH! So I sit there for a few minutes again, waiting and getting more comfy. I'm up here now I may as well do it. I start inching down and I couldn't do the very corner edge but I got close. I had to reach my hand over the side and staple it by feel. YIKES But I eventually got it done. Unbelievebly I was able to get off the roof onto the ladder just fine. Wierd. Its not a wonderful job, but not terrible. I should have got the lights with the white cord, but oh well, next year I will. I'm just happy its done. I'll take a pic tonight and post it. It was like Fear Factor!!! (so wheres my 50,000??) LOL

10 comments:
I love the red! It looks great!
I'm glad you're coming around a little.
It's like the name I have for your blog on my blog: Janel, she gets knocked down, but she gets up again.
Which always looks to me like:
Janel - she gets knocked UP, and she gets knocked UP again.
...which I guess is kind of true, at one time anyway. :)
Anyway, the tree and wreath look lovely, and don't you dare fall off any ladders...I don't care how far down it is! (didn't you just fall off a ladder not very long ago??)
O my Karla your comment cracked me up!! LOL I'm gonna have to update my post now! LOL
I agree the tree looks GREAT and I love the wreath.
I would have the same problem up on the roof. (I have a problem with heights period). Once I got up on the roof (I'm ok going up...) but couldn't get down because I couldn't bring myself to get close enough to the edge to step down onto the ladder. I thought they were going to have to heliport me off
Holy crap, you're brave!
I woulda lost it. Completely. Call the fire department and an anesthetist so they can knock we out before they drag me down.
Yup me too, I have a hard time standing on a chair never mind a ladder. Why didn't you try something like the people across the street from me? Just stand in the middle of the road & throw the lights at the house - where they land is where they land - looks good, you're done.
I think I knew you'd come around what a difference. Your pictures - its like taking a picture of someone without a smile then taking one when they're smiling; they're whole face lights up. Good job!
Funny, Tracey -- that's apparently how my husband loads the dishwasher. Stand across the room and toss -- where they land is where they land. Hmmmmm.
LOVE the added Red Janel! looks much "happier!"..
Karla... LMAO... that's what I thought it DID say about Janel the first time I read it in your links!!!
Glad you're ok Janel Phew!... No more scary roofs for you girl!
Lala*
I am scared to death of heights, and would never get on our roof. I mean, I think I have a true phobia. I would have approached it exactly as you did, if I could have even gotten that far. :)
Girl, your posts always crack me up!! YOu have a gorgeous tree. Well done!! We don't even have a tree up. The only thing Christmasy is the ornament on the tv that we bought from Hawaii!! Pretty sad.
AWESOME job on your workouts! And losing weight, too. Keep it up! Happy Holidays to you and the family. Love, Dede
Beautiful tree! And you'll never catch me on the roof! I have never attempted doing the lights, and probably never will! Not the height issue, nearly as much as motivation! lol. I like Tracey's though...maybe next year I'll try throwing the lights at the house. Knowing me and my shortness, I'd probably only wind up decorating the bushes!
Post a Comment