Monday, December 05, 2005

I almost did something cool

But I'm not cool so didn't. I was on the treadmill doing a HIIT today. The gym was pretty empty-ish, but this guy(my age, decent looking)got on the treadmill next to me and starts walking. I'm thinking "is that all you got?" He didn't seem on the DL or anything, and after a while he starts running pace with me. I took a 20 second break at minute 14 (cut me some slack, I'm outta shape right now, m'K? :) and he took one at the same time. I start back running but then he just went back to walking. I'm like, hmmm, wimpy. So I'm running and coming up to my BIG finish, I have like 3 minutes left, I swear if I had any guts I was this close to looking over at him and saying "come on, are you really going to let me kick your ass running?" (he wasn't wearing headphones) ROLFMAO I TOTALLY should have said it. I've run near this guy before and if I get a chance ever again I will do it. I knew I'd kick myself for not saying anything. Then I went over and did a pretty good UBWO. Felt good. Its been a while. I'm up another pound though. Bummer.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

OOOHH I wish you did!!
:P
-- just for the look on his face!!! ~lol~
Glad you were there.. & running! Yay!--that's great hon!
You'll have to tell us ALLL about next time!
Hugs
Lala*

Stef said...

OMG~ you should have said it! that would have been sooooo funny! "hey buddy, you gonna let a girl kick your ass????"

Stef :-)

Steven said...

I always feel like saying stuff to people too, but it is usually that they need some deodorant, or to quit grunting.

I've had people say stuff to me when I'm running. Someone once told me to pick it up, and that I needed to kick it up to atleast 7.o, but I couldn't, I was so out of shape. I was just happy he cared. I kind of liked it.