My 8 year old son is on a new baseball team this year, and he has a practrice tonight (Saturday night!) at 5:45 till 8:30 PM. Thats the kind of team this is....DIE HARD!!! I talked to one of the other moms this week and she told me about a fight she had with the coach's wife,the ast. coach(almost came to blows!!!!!!!!!!) and has since been "removed"from the team. Hmmmm, well the words the asst.coach used this morning were something like"The troublemakers have been kicked out" So I am a little alarmed. Hello!!! These kids are 8!!!!! SO on the paper they sent home last practice they apparently have been keeping tabs and gave us a list(of newbies to the team) of tardies and absences. WHAT??? This is not high school!!! Then along with that a little newsletter that tells us that it is our job to figure out when practice is (3-5 a week!!!!) and if the kid misses its an automatic bench for the whole next game. Am I ready for this?? Its like Hitler is in charge of the team!!! I'm seriously a little afraid!!! So far Cade is liking it but I am on pins and needles. I have to take him by myself to practice and I am actually a little nervous. The coach's wife is tough! She's a softball chick and I think she could beat the crap out of me. I am afraid that if I am there alone she's gonna say something(we missed a practice a couple weeks ago) and Mark won't be there to back me up and it will get ugly. I know, I am so chicken.
Update to the baseball team:
We missed a message that practice had been changed to a different locale and moved and hour early, so when I'm at the field and no one was there I panicked! I managed to track everyone down by this time I am a basket case! But luckily they were fine, and were reasonable and he will be able to play next game. Whew! It bugs me that I am stressing and jumping through hoops for these people but, you know, anything for the kiddos!
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

1 comment:
OMGosh...ok, what happened to sports for the fun of it...Adults take this crap to far, trying to regain their "Glory Days" at the expense of kids...sheesh, you are a great mom girl...I am now glad that my 8 year old doesn't wanna do the whole sports thing right now...
Post a Comment