Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Well, that was a first

Got up and out to the gym at 6 this morning (yay me!) and Casey and I start out HIIT on the treadmill. Did great, felt pretty good except for an unusual stitch in my side, (haven't had one in years) but I walked/breathed it out and kept going. I kept going strong for the whole 19 minutes. Finished my high point, ran an 8.5 for a full minute (!!) and then took it down to a 6.0 to finish. About 40 secs later I felt the big heave coming on, so I grabbed me shirt hanging there and after a couple I thought I'd be OK, but.....nooooooo I started running to the bathroom (didn't make it by a long shot) and heaved up all my water and stomach bile for about 3 full minutes. VERY UNPLEASANT!!!! I guess I hit a 10, huh??? Other than that I was fine, I guess I really pushed it. Was it the new early time? The empty stomach? I didn't go much faster or farther than usual, in fact I walked that little bit in the beginning cuz of the cramp. Hmmm. I was a little proud of myself though, like YEAH, I gave it all I had!!! I had to hurry home though because the taste in my mouth was unbearable!!!! EEEEEEW! TMI but seriously, gaaaah!Feel great this afternoon, after I took about an hour nap.

I also had my class to teach today, it went really well. We did meal planning. I gave everybody a blank weekly meal sheet to fill out and we just filled it out together and then I gave them an extra one to make copies of and then they could mix and match what they wanted to do for themselves later at home. I also gave them a couple of the meal recipes for EFL so they could make some stuff for the whole family that would also be on plan. I think everyone had fun and learned a lot. So far so good on the class. People keep coming back, so thats a good sign.

Now downtime is over and time to get the shorties from school, and the chaos will commence. Bleh. I hate homework! :( Mark will be gone all night tonight and has work tomorrow so I won't see much of him, I guess I'm on my own. It will be a good chance to start my other blog, the procrastination blog, and try to figure myself out.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, I can't say that I've ever worked out so hard that I heaved before. That must have been some workout! It doesn't sound pleasant.

I guess I'll have to read backwards a bit to see what kind of class you are teaching.

I can imagine that your household is pretty hectic at night. Mine is with just the 2 girls.

Amy said...

WOW! that must have been some workout. Glad to hear your classes are going well. I am very excited for you.

Melissa said...

I wish I could attend your classes, sounds fun. EWWWWW, can't imagine the taste in your mouth! I've never heaved either, damn. LOL Great job on the run!

FV Tom said...

Congrats on hitting your 10! YUK!

Glad to hear that the class went well.

be good.

Suzanne said...

Damn Jams! I must not be pushing myself hard enough as I don't think I've EVER puked after working out!!! Great job, I think!!! :o)

Bubs