Friday, April 21, 2006

Ramble ramble......Motivation

There are a few sources that have been keeping me really motivated...2 days in a row. Watch out this is powerful stuff. :D

1: I read some of my old blog entries from back in January/February. Cool. My words then really spoke to me. I realized that I can do this. I think I was doubting myself quite a bit and didn't realize it. I really motivated myself. VERY POWERFUL!!!

2: I proceeded to reset all of my goals in writing. I made a whole new set to go up on the wall in my bathroom. They are all mostly the same, since I haven't achieved what I ultimatley am striving for, but I used different color ink, and changed and added a few things. Then I went and found a few new fitness models to really inspire me. Awesome.









3: I made a bunch of sticky notes with reminders on them of things that I do truly forget, then later think "AHHH! if I would have remembered that I could have avoided ___" The next morning the kids asked me "mom why are there signs all over the house??" They are stragtegically placed in my "forgetful" zones. So far working well.








4: I saw a mom at Cades zoo field trip that really impressed me. SO FIT and muscular. Pink tank top and shorts, she looked AWESOME!! Her bone structure was smaller than mine but I'd guess her at 13% BF. Great arms, great quads, just great. Then today while on the elliptical I saw another gal doing walking lunges in the gym with a 30 lb barbell across her shoulders. She went 2 lengths of the court, the did about 15 squats in place, then repeated, then ran a couple slow-ish laps around the court, and then repeated all of that 2 more times. She looked PERFECT!!! Not too much muscle, just right. Both of these ladies were 30 ish. I was totally mesmerized. I can do this! I want that kind of body sooo bad!I have to get this going.

I'm in day 2, I'm going straight thru the weekend till next saturday for freeday. I've had 2 great workouts and so far eating is going pretty well. I did cave to chocolate today. I'm battling a pretty severe truffle addiction right now. :( One of my goals is to give myself a daily score for workout and diet separately. This is so that as I track my progress I can clearly see if there is no progress I will be able to go back and say "oh, well, tues and wed you only rated at a 6" etc. blah blah blah. And its to keep me accountable to whoever reads my blog, you will all know how good/bad of a day I had. I am also gonna look into the Ephedra for sure.

I'm sore all over, I feel like I am ready to get this going finally. 8 weeks till the cruise. Back on Betagen too. Holding steady at 139.99999. LOL I better get crack-a-lacking. I got some cute workout bra tops at Sams Club today ( 3 for 10 bucks!!) they are smokin'!!!

4 comments:

FV Tom said...

Love the signs!

I need one on my alarm clock to get me outta bed in the morning to get to the gym!

Keep working like you are you'll be smokin' too!

be good.

Amy said...

HEy Janel. I have been doing the same with the point system and it is really motivating for me. get ideas. I am right on your heals then..140.6. Okay thanks for your post today. Now I am very motivated knowing how close we are together on numbers. Have a great weekend. Love the notes to self around the house!!

Amy said...

great ideas!! that was suppose to be NOT

get ideas...

Janel said...

Hmmm, Amy, do I smell a little friendly competition goin on???? LOL Oh wait, mabye thats just the chicken in my crockpot! LMAO

I'm going for 125 by June 18, how 'bout it????

:D

Tom, I actually did put one right over my snooze button that says "Early am Cardio burns MORE FAT"

We'll see how it works this week! :D