Friday, April 14, 2006

My class

I had my nutrition/fitness/weightloss classes this week (thanks for asking! :D)I had teh first one tuesday am and then repeated it last night because people who realy wanted to come had to work, and I really don't mind. This will be a weekly thing. I was glad so many people were even interested. Tuesday I had 4 gals come, and I was thrilled because I know they are really wanting to change, and are willing to try new things. One of them has recently had gastric bypass, but she wants to do the exercise and I think she liked it. The other is her sister, who is also very obese, you know the drill, has tried everything, just needed some hope and a reason to start. The other one had lost weight on WW but didnt' exercise and has gained it back, and the other is ready to have a baby in a couple weeks and wants to lose her baby weight plus some in a healthy way. I told them my story of why I decided to get in shape, how I did it, I showed them my first challenge pic(they were in total shock!) and I just basically did an overview of BFL and tried to get an idea of what they wanted to accomplish. Same thing last night, one lady is thin but is getting osteoporosis and needs to lift weights, one has cnadida really bad, and has a diet to combat it that works, but needs exercise motivation. SO, lots of different stories going on. Next week we are going to do meal planning, I have the blank worksheets off of the website to give them and we are going to all put a weeks worth of meals and snacks together according to what they like, including the family dinner using EFL and the authorized list. They seem to be pretty excited about it and the word is getting out now that we have started and it seems like something not too hard to do. We had fun and laughed a lot, it was cool. The week after meals we will do goal setting, and I'm thinking of putting a temporary home gym together in the future for weight lifting and go over that in a hands-on type of setting. Or possibly a gym field trip if some poeple want to do that (a few said they did). Rudy the big burrito is LDS and I think he would be willing to show some ladies around the machines, it would give him a chance to look so cool, hehe Anyway the feedback I got at playgroup this morning was really positive, and I think more people will start coming out. The 2 really big ladies told me today that their husbands are TOTALLY excited about BFL and went out and bought the books and everyhting that day!!! LOL I thought that was so great!! They are big fat guys, it would be awesome for them to do it! Anyway, thats how its going so far. I give myself an A-. LOL The minus because I need to work on being better organized with my presentation, but tis just hard when there is SO much great info, I want to just tell them EVERYTHING, because it all ties together in the end. (kinda like my blog!LMAO)Whew! But I'll get better with time I think. I have to say, the pic are what really got their attention, for sure. If I can help just 1 person, it would be totally worth it.

Now before you go telling me good job and all, I have been struggling with my own program this week. I know! I know!!!The cruise!! AHHHHH! I haven't made goals yet, I havent planned a meal, taken 2 days off from the gym, grrrr! I am totally unmotivated to do ANYTHING, let alone workout and eat properly. Its been a very tough week emotionally, financially, everything. When I feel like I don't have enough cash flow I get really off and pissy to myself, I will pull it around though. I AM going to the gym today, even though my 2 reasons for going are not noble. The first reason is to punish Cade, he was yeling at me from the car and honking the horn at the park this morning because he wanteed to leave, which is totally NOT acceptable so his punishment is 2 hours at the gym, he will not be permitted to stay home alone. HAHAHAHA! So there! He's really mad at me about it right now, but hey, he acted like a creep. The other reason is because I am going to see the whole fam on sunday, so I want to do a really good heavy UBWO so my arms and chest look better. hehe hows that for vain, huh?? Hey, whatever gets me there. I'll probably tan too. So there ya have it. I'm trying to pull my head out, I really am.

4 comments:

Amy said...

hey Janel, I think it is so great what you are doing and trying to help others life a healthier lifestyle. I seriously started crying hearing how excited you are getting everyone to start up! I have had a tough week myself staying on plan. I can really relate!! keep on working to stay on track.

Pamela said...

Good for you!!..( yea I know you said not to ... but that bec you're being TOO hard on you..& I'm NOT! :P

Really tho hon what you are doin is REALLY a wonderful thing! You are being a "saviour" to these folks in a very basic way-- & THAT is comendable in the highest!

As to yourself... Umm well i'm one to talk me week kinda fell off track too .. but as Nancy says-- doing this will help you stay ON track!

Btw ...sorry the boy is driving you crazy with the getting bed thing...Stevie's been doing that too in the Am's lately....AKKKK- Boys! Oh well gotta love'em ;)

Julie said...

It must feel so good to know that you are an inspiration to others!

Happy Easter!

Melissa said...

Leading a class like that is so great! Sure there is always something to improve, like organization, but look at what you're doing for these women! You really are helping people change there lives in so many ways. I'm sure seeing the pics excited them even more. I agree with Nancy that doing these classes will probably help you get back on track too. Very inspiring.