Okey dokey, its a good day. I was up really early, my mind was full of a bunch of crap I needed to do (hate that) so at 4:30 there I was, making lists that I will probably never look at again. :( However, the early rise did set a good tone for the day and I got everyone up, to school (including nephew) and my butt to the gym. I was there before my buddy Casey so I was able to get in a 30 min elliptical session, then we killed our arms for our UBWO (oof, gonna feel that tomorrow) and I had over a half gallon of water down by the end of the workout. Then we hit the treadmill, I did my usual 20% incline for 30 mins at 3.5, burned a ton more cals. I was so drenched and stinky, it was great. rest of the days been good, eating GREAT and got more water. I was still at 137 today, down a little from my crazy chocolate sugar carb insanity, I am shooting for 133 for saturday. Planning on getting an early HIIT in the am, get it out of the way. I need to do everything I can now at this point to help myself, to get as lean as possible in the next 8 weeks. Every little scrap counts.
I'm having a personal issue, I don't know if anybody can help me out but I am having a severe procrastination problem, it is truly out of hand. I found a book on Amazon to get that will help me with it and it sounds pretty good but I was just wondering if anybody had read any books on overcoming this and if you had any suggestions. I don't want to go into detail, frankly, its humiliating the level which I have been at for my whole teen/adult life, but I can't do this bad habit any more. It's not that its really getting worse, but the repercussions of my "problem" are causing me real world trouble and it just has to stop. I guess as an adult the consequences affect too many others, its not like I'm just gonna get a bad grade for not doing a homework assignment, its big stuff now. Anyway, any reading suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

8 comments:
Speaking of procrastination, you should talk to Julie- www.julieschitchat.blogspot.com
She was just talking about it, has some good explanations, I'll bet she could help. :)
Sounds like you had a great weekend! & a VERY good day tommorow.. I'm gonna have to get up WAY early & sneak out of the house before my sis & nephew are up to get my W/O in...
As to time Management ...I have a book called 5days an Organized Life.. you can have if if you want--- I've never gotten around to reading it! ;P
Just a thought to throw at you - everything I've read from you says you are an achiever with some pretty high standards for yourself. Is it possible that you "think" you're procrastinating because you just want to take a break every now & then? Nothing wrong with that.
Don't know what the issues are Janel, but just trying a different spin on things.
I saw your comment on my blog and I've added a post with the link to Dr. Tim Pychyl's procrastination website. He suggests a lot of great books and research articles.
If you like academic and theoretical-type books, one that I have that I really like is "Procrastination and Task Avoidance: Theory, Research, and Treatment" by Joseph Ferrari, Judith Johnson and William McCown.
Good luck and let me know how it goes!
I got here via Melissa's blog, I hope you don't mind. I hope you find a resolution to your procrastination issue. I saw that you have 5 kids, oh my, you must be very busy.
I'm with Tracey, I think you may be too hard on yourself. You have a lot of things going on.
One idea: When you complete a task that you really didn't want to do, congratulate yourself. Positive self-talk. "Way to go, Janel. I knew you could do it."
Seems kinda corny but I think it helps when we pat ourselves on the back.
be good.
Thx Julie, interesting stuff ( I love that cartoon sketch!! LOL) I'm thinking I may start a new blog in addition to this one that I can start addrssing some of these issues about, its rally something I want to overcome and we all know how theraputic blogging can be!!!! It seems like something very common and we could mabye all learn from each other and help ourselves!!!! I am going to get that book I saw, hopefully I don't put that off. :P
I really want to conquer this demon, its has plagued me forever and I would truly be a changed person to overcome it.
Donna, welcome!!! (and anyone else new) the more the merrier!!!!!
Good luck finding some direction... just from personal experience procrastination could also be due to ADD -- lol, think about it, you might not have ADD but you DO have five little bodies that are making sure you are distracted at all times :) (and if not distracted, then tired?). If you think it's more than just overload, then try to find a book or a site that goes over the 6 different types of ADD - it's very surprising. And if you do find one that sounds like you, it will help you find "coaching" strategies to help change the behavior.
Post a Comment