So I'm siting here, all stinky from the gym, wasting time on the 'puter. Wyatt walks in and notices my 3 inch roll of flab hanging over my workout pants(complete with stretch marks....hey, I was slouching, OK???) And says "mommy, you look fat there" and proceeds to pat the funny, squishy blob. So he pulls the waist of my pants up over the flab and pats it gently and says"there, that better".
I need a rant here for a sec. I have done worse this week than all the other weeks of this challenge. I don't know if giant scale losses freaked me out or what, but I don't really care why, fact is I really blew it this last week. I cant get that time back, so I must move on. OK fine. I have all the time I need to get this "body" that I want. I've done a good challenge. A couple things have bothered me, and mabye if I post it and get it out of my head I can let it go.
#1: This stupid trainer at my gym, we'll call him Rudy. When I first saw him I was like "ooh, heee-lo, HOTTIE" SO I have my first consultation with him (the usual gym fitness "evaluation" where they sell you the training). This was a year ago, before I started my first challenge. I was tipping the scale at almost 160. 38% BF. I've worked out lots in the past, lifting and all, I was ready to get serious. I was tosing around BFL, I knew what it entailed, I was getting pumped to do something serious. So Rudy gives me some lame line like "could I commit you to working out 3 days per week??" Suggests cutting out soda and doing lots of walking. I'm sure he just assumed I'm the typical SAHM who needed to just start, thats fine. But it put me defensive, like "I'll show you what I think of your 3 stupid days a week of WALKING" The next week I tell him, I'm gonna give the BFL thingy a go, and go from there. I get the usual "Oh, OK, suuuuure" kind of response along with " I think a program like that may cause you to put on muscle too fast" WTH??? whatever. SO this trainer has seen my 1st challenge results, acted pretty unimpressed. Thats fine. He's seen me at the gym EVERY DAY and says nothing. I'm like half my size. I've asked him 2 questions over the years time. One was the weight of particular bar that was unmarked. 15 pounds, ok. I asked him how accurate the calorie counter was on the treadmill. He said "I dont know, I don't do cardio" and rushed off. All of this was fine. I'm not a paying training customer. But its annoying. The final straw 3 weeks ago was when he said he could hear my earphones from his desk. (some songs are louder than others on my player, I was in the middle of a set of crunches and didn't bother to turn it down) So we have a small exchange in which he says "just make sure you arent' getting too obsessed with the fitness thing." That really kinda made me mad. I just couldn't believe it. This guy is in good shape, but he's like 25. His GF is this teeny tiny fine-boned thing, about 105 and gorgeous. I wish I would have said, "well, some of us have to work really hard at getting in shape, it dosn't happen for everybody to work out 3 days a week" It just really pissed me off. I mean, really. So now every time I see this guy(every day)I get ticked off. It makes me want to work even harder in some respects, but then I'm like, who cares, he's jerk who thinks he's the big burrito, so what. Also, he was giving me so much crap abour getting my bodyfat tested (too often, in his opinion, which BTW its a gym upgrade I paid for) I got my own Omron, so I wouldn't have to deal with him on that. I would think that any gym employee whould want to encourage EVERY one to be fit and this guy is actually DIScouraging to me. Its all in my head, I'm sure. I'm sorry, but I've made huge progress in a year, so that is going to have to be my satisfaction. I DID show him. He just dosn't know I did. PUNK. I really don't need validation from anyone, but come on, don't discourage me. please.
#2: I have had a few separate conversations about fitness and losing weight with my mom, sisters, friends, ladies from church. It never fails, they ask what size I am trying to get to or how much I want to lose and when I say 10 more pounds or especially if I say "size 4/6" I get the same response, which is always "can you even get that small??" Like I have these gigantic birthing hips and this super-sized butt that coudn't even hope to shrink that much. So I ALWAYS have to say "yes, I have been that small before, and it WAS after I had a baby, it can be done" I'm sure these people arent trying to be rude, and if had happened one, twice, ok. But EVERY time??? Man, that is so discouraging. How huge is my butt?? Do I not realize how big I actually am??? I always have to point out that I am 5'4, and my frame is on the small size of medium. I am actually a little person, I just carry a lot of fat in my butt and upper thighs. Ok, I really am crying now. I know all of you blends understand where I am coming from. I wish I could surround myself with people like you, but I can't. People just don't realize what it takes. I'm gonna do it. I'm going to prove every one of these people wrong. yes, its VERY hard to watch other women/moms who are in truly good shape and they CAN do the 3 days a week and eat "pretty good" thing and look fabulous. I am not one of them. I've just got to find a way to pull myself together for the rest of today and tomorow, then I can make some new plans, and new goals. I hope I have some improvement in my pictures, but if I don't its OK, I'm only racing against myself, and so far I am winning that one.
If you are still reading.......sorry! LOL I mostly posted all of this disaster so I could just get it out and start fresh. I've released all of the toxic thoughts and now its time to move on to better things. Moving along...........
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

12 comments:
Hi Janel, don't think I've ever posted on your blog. On tracker I'm salmon58.
Anyway, you have proven those people wrong and you will continue to prove them wrong. You have the attitude, the drive, and the desire to achieve your goals. Don't let the idiots get you down. The blends are always here.
PMA!
Tom
Oh Janel, I'm laughing but not at you. I can totally relate. The guy at the gym doesn't need any more attention from you other than "oh shut up you little twerp". Don't for one minute think you're being rude; if he can say what he said to you then he definately deserves some retort back. Like yourself my frame is not big birthing hips with a fat ass and the ass is not more "cushin for the pushin" - gawd I hate that. I'm not trying to be mean or critical but the people that have given me the raised eyebrow look, and yes I've gotten "maybe you might not ever get that small again, its not your build" are ALWAYS way too heavy and out of shape. I've never heard one fit person say those types of things.
I would take this entire post and apply it to yourself - don't laugh anymore just get good and pissed off and irritated as hell. If you can channel that into your plan it will be just as good as your bestest ever workout.
What I wanna know if why 'rudy'?? How come not 'mike' 'joe' 'bob'. Rudy???
If it was me and he told me not take the training thing serious. My first reaction would have been a "I promise not to wear the equipment out Popeye."
He is simply a smug bastard that loves himself more than his mom does. You gotta consider the source.
He has noticed you. He has noticed the change in you. He can't help see your progress. So why is he not so nice to you??
YOU REPRESENT HIS FAILURE AND HE KNOWS IT.
And people say stupid shit because they simply don't know where to take the conversation next. You already know where the conversation is going so have fun with it to start with. Tell them your not stopping till you can fit into Garanimals.
LOL Deb. Actually the name Rudy is literall: Get it? RUDE-Y? LOL actually his name is Patrick.
I know, he acts like that because he's pissed I'm getting results without paying for training. haha.
You guys are the best. You all make me smile. What would I do without my blends??????? Love ya!!
Okay, number 1...gotta love kids...sigh...ummm Rudy is a complete MORON!! and other people have to believe it isn't possible honey, cause then they'd have no excuses why they don't make themselves healthy...you just keep on going girl, you can do whatever you set your mind to...you ARE wonderwoman to me girl, and I know you can, and will reach your goals.
Oh goodness Janel, I feel what you're saying! Hang in there hon, it's just a lot of emotions rolling at you at once! Big beef burrito guy doesn't seem to understand the concept of his job...but no skin off your back, right?
Feel better??? I'm sure you do. Sometimes it just takes a lot of venting. You totally know you are on track and you totally know you can get it done and you will. Support is a blog away! :) We love you Janel...now go tell rudyburrito to fling his bullshit elsewhere.
Hey Janel! Hang in there! You've done great in the last several weeks! Don't get a couple of bad weeks and idiots get you down. First, that trainer sounds like a moron. Deb said it best, you proved him wrong and he knows it. As for the others, I went through the same thing when I started my first BFL challenge. A lot of people doubted me, so I kept quiet and did my thing. Next thing I know, they're asking me for advice on weight loss & fitness (LOL!).
If you need to rant, feel free. We're all here for you...
Without repeating everything everyone has said about this trainer ..... just one word for the guy.
IDIOT.
Yep, that "kid" is a total idiot. You'd think he'd be asking YOU how you've transformed yourself.
And you TOTALLY will be able to fit into a 4/6! I've realized it's truly a never-ending journey, but we WILL achieve!!
Well hon, I'm catching the end of this whole thing...but do listine to what we are all saying.. vent if you need to...the "kid' is just that --- a pnk kid with no real life experience &as you say---just pissy that you DID IT without his "expertise"..
& you have DONE it hon You look Great!
People are uninformed. And if they are not uninformed...they're just STUPID!!!
You are doing a great job and nobody with any sense at all can say any different.
Lori
Post a Comment