


Well its bad quality because its a picture of a picture..but you can kinda see my Josie Bisset Melrose hairdo, and I really DID love my flowers, roses and gardenias. Boy they smelled awesome! I don't have any fun crazy pics, I guess we didn't take any. My dress was handmade by my grandma,(who happens to be a professional wedding dress maker) it's outdated now, but at the time my photographer said it was the most gorgeous dress she had ever photographed. I still fit into it today! :) It was a big 'ol cinderella gown with a train that bustled, the whole skirt was done in chiffon, the whole top was done in this ornately beaded thick lace. I'd definetly make changes to it now, but it is what it is. I hope someday Sadie will want to alter it and wear it, thats how awesome it is.
We got married in the LDS temple in AZ, and had the reception in my parents backyard. Great weather on september evenings here. It was really great. My parents spent a buttload of $$$ on the house and yard, including repainting the whole works, moving a LARGE tree, constructing a octagonal raised platform for the inground trampoline, and putting in a fish pond with lillypads and coi. Don't let them fool you, though they wanted all that done anyway, I just gave them a reason :D A good friend of mine played the keyboard and sang, he was great and it was all informal, no real big meal, just mints, nuts, cake, punch, blah blah. We had about 250 guests. These things usually have some sort of reception line with the parents/ bridesmaids, but I decided on no bridesmaids or groomsmen, and our parent situation was wacky, me having a dad and 2 moms and mark with just his mom, so we nixed that too. Worked out great.
We honeymooned up at his uncles mansion/cabin in Northern AZ. It was great and relaxing, but I don't have pictures of that. It was all FABULOUS!!!! I wanna do it again!!!

6 comments:
Baaahaaaahaaaaa - you Josie Bisset, me Dorothy Hamill (confused lesbian as Deb said LOL). I think I was supposed to be Bridget Fonda Single White Female. You weren't kidding were you? Please tell me yours wasn't as big as mine!
I think your wedding looks & sounds wonderful. Regardless of fashion its obvious it was beautiful.
And is that Mark posing as a stalker??? Whadda ya mean no pics of the honeymoon? Tell me he didn't take the naked pictures - I know he did so lets see them. If you're too shy and they're too risque just post the ones of him - at least a "cutey pie" one or a "free as a bird".
'buttload of money'
Now are we talkin' your butt or my butt? Cuz if we're talkin my butt, we're talkin' 'bout a looooot of money.
I think your dress is beautiful but so sad you only wore it once. I always believed that if I was going to spend that kind of money on a dress I was going to where it everywhere. Grocery store, work, pickin' the kids up from school 7 years later. I understand your grandmother made it but I'm sure she'd like to see you wear it more often especially if it still fits.
Now Tracey, can't ya tell from our pictures what good little kids we were back then?? Seriously, neither one of us probably even thought of taking pictures of the "cutie pie", nono, that would be baaaaad! LOL I think we were to poor to even have a disposable camera, anway! LOL Gee, not much has changed in the respect though! BAHHH!!!
Very beautiful!
Thanks for sharing!
Love the pics Janel! ..but ummmmm who's that "boy" you put in your pics???? does Mark know about him??....what a baby face! holy doodle~
Wow! Looks like you had a beautiful wedding! And you're so beautiful! Great looking couple!
Post a Comment