Well I have lots of BFL stuff going on right now. Here goes (I may be on to something here...)
First of all, D1 of this challenge is rockin'. I accidentally OD'd on caffeine, so I've been very productive today LOL. I took my regular dosage of fatburner, after being off of it for over a month, then a dose of Midol (I felt some TOM symptoms coming on)WOOOO HOOO I've been flyin' all day!!
Secondly...I GOT THE CALL!!! I was asked to head up a fitness/nutrition group for the women at church. I was so excited when they called a couple weeks ago. Then Sunday I got the list of who signed up. Fear stabbed me in the heart when I saw over 20 women listed!!!! And that didn't include a few that I'd already talked to about it!!! AHHHHHH! PRESSURE!!!!! And these ladies range from 50+ pounds overweight to "why did she sign up??, she's already fit!" So I am scared now. If half of them actually come, that will be a LOT. Where do I even start?? I think I will be doing a support/informational group at my house twice a week, once in the dayitme, once in the evening. I gotta get my thoughts organized on that and hopefully start next week. We may have to divide into 2 groups, for different needs. I'm preaching BFL, its a practical, well-rounded program, but we're gonna start with the basics (i.e. bread choices, calories in/calories out, planning, and goals) Its like looking up at a mountain and I'm supposed to convince a bunch of people to climb it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm just glad that so many people are interested.
Thirdly.....One of my best friends, Casey, is starting BFL for real. She called yesterday and said she is going for a challenge. She even signed up for an official challenge on the website. Her hubby took pics and she's weighing and measureing tonight. Today she came over and I gave her the printouts of the blank workout guides and blank weekly meal sheet and helped her get started filling it out. She's been surfing around the BFL site and went and bought the book today. I'm so excited for her! She is gonna have great results. She's one of those small frame types that has always been thin, but very little muscle, so after 4 babies she's finally struggling. Shes still not big or overweight, but just has struggled for her stomach to go back this time. I can't wait to see how she does. WOO! Fun!!
Fourthly....I got a PM form Mariah Yu today, it was so cool!! She saw Dana on my profile and said see ya on the cruise. I know, no biggie to some but I'm not really one of those that rub elbows with the bigwigs. I just live vicariously thru Dana. For instance I wasn't gonna say in case it dosen't happen but I think Ken Young is coming to AZ for a bikeracing training thingy and I'm hoping Dana will put something together for a few of us AZ folks to meet him, go to dinner or something. It would be nice to know some people going on the cruise before I get there so I'm not like some lame-o that nobody knows. I get shy in those situations sometimes. Anyway, that is very exciting.
Fifthly.....I noticed when I was driving home from the gym today that where my thigh rests on the seat I had less dimpling, even when I kind of turned my leg in, and put pressure on it, even up to the saddlebag area. This is huge news. Little victories, people, little victories!!!
This is what I'm on to. I'm really putting myself out there by helping my friend, doing the church group, going on the cruise. Its becoming my lifestyle and people who know me are starting to see me as a fitness person. I figure its a lot harder to fall off the wagon if I'm too busy pulling people up onto it. Its possible, but a lot less likely. That is the trick to keep yourself going, support others and don't try to hide it from people. Isn't that what all the champs do?? And the ones you never hear from after they win are the ones that fall off. None of the past champs get anything from BFL past their prizes, but I look at people like Steve and Mariah Yu, Tracey Jeffries, Ken Young, Julie Whitt, they are BUSY checking in on people. Plus leading lives. Thats how I think you keep going forever. I'm gonna try that.
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

9 comments:
My eyeballs are panting, girl, catching up to your last two posts all at once. :-D
That's great news about you getting the call to lead your church group in good health. I see a lot of young moms around these parts who look frighteningly and unhealthily thin -- don't know whether it's just their builds or something else, I'm talking pointy elbows on women holding their newborns. Yikes!
Hmmm ... I know there were a lot more points to comment on back there ...
Eh, I give up -- you're doing a fantastic job. I've been reading all the posts, just haven't been commenting much -- so I'll catch up by saying you look great and I'm glad you're getting into the groove again.
I've been following your progress (and those of your fellow blends) for the last few months. You are all so inspiring and real. I keep coming back to your blog because it is so real. Sometimes, you just can't resist a smashed-up piece of chocolate from one of your kids' backpacks. I love it!
But you still keep learning and growing (or, actually, in your case, shrinking).
You make me think that I can maybe, just maybe, commit to this process and succeed.
Atta go girl leading others to the Way of Health is fantastic!! Like you say -- can't fall off track when you're leading by example! Good Stuff!~ :D
I LOVE IT...."Get yours self to busy pulling people on that you don't have time to fall off. "
Excellent statement.
Congrats on all your new adventures. How exciting.
I definitely think you're on to something! I wish I could motivate people to do this...I'm so afraid I'll sound too "preachy". I tend to downplay the progress I've made...not sure why.
You are going to be great at leading these women...I can just see you motivating the heck out of them! Your progress sure does motivate me!
that is so great about the fitness group you are starting, it is amazing to me how misinformed most women are about thier bodies, and weight loss. This will definitly be something to help you stay on track!!
Totally awesome about the less dimples thing - I hear ya on that and, lol, I do that all the time!!! How does my leg look this way? What if I did this?? It is the small victories that mean the most!!
Good luck on the group health thing. Sounds like lots of fun.
Guess what??? Me and Casey are paying for the cruise FRIDAY!!! We cannot wait. We're both broke, but we're gonna do it anyway. FUN, can't wait to see you.
Lori
Oh, LORI!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!
I'm too excited, its gonna be soooooo fun!!!!
If you find that your group has more people than you can handle, the first thing you have to do is have a meeting with EVERYONE and serve donuts.
THEN...have a second meeting and take another head count. You'll be fine!!
I'm thinking we spend too much time in our mini vans because I read about alot of women having body revelations while driving about town.
Post a Comment