Thursday, March 09, 2006

And while we're thinking of past hairdos...

This will totally blow your mind, I wore my hair like this from about '97 to '99, and then again from '01 to '03 until I grew it out this last time. Boy I really have done the extremes, huh?? I saw the new cover of Vogue at the store and the pic of Natalie Portman with the pixy cut reminded me. I did really like it like that, it was flattering. It just gets boring. I have a small head, (yeah, a pinhead) and a small face so it fits me pretty well. I vowed I wouldn't go short again until my body was little to match! Right now Im liking the long hair though, I feel much sexier and girlie, so its not going anywhere soon.










Again, its a picture of a picture, so not the best but you can kind of see. I liked to put pomade in it and spike up the crown, it was so fun!

7 comments:

Tracey said...

Janel I think that pixie cut really suits you - you could definately wear that again!!!! If you've got a pretty face it can sometimes be even more flattering than long hair. Don't hesitate doing it again.

I think I have a pinhead too, probably suits me too (sounds like I'm saying it suits me because of the "pretty face" thats not what I mean - its the smallness & shape of my noggin). Maybe not the drastic early 90's cut but I have this humungous nose - and it keeps growing!!!! To me long hair is so much easier, people don't believe it but its true. When it was short I had to "do it" everyday - the bed head was a new creation every morning I awoke. Even dirty you can just put it in a pony and you're done. Steve's long hair - you think he's wearing it like that for vanity reasons? No way, not on your life, he has the type of hair that you have to "do" too.

Plus the trims!!!!!! Seemed like the trims were on a schedule like your period or something. Now I'm lucky I get to the hairdresser every 365 days; okay twice in every 365 days and oh boy am I due!!!

Anyway this long hairs' days' are numbered as people will say "gawd I hate when old women have long hair". Ah, they probably already are saying that so whats the diff?

Enough about hair from me!!!!

Unknown said...

I think I'm cuttin' mine off soon....I go back and forth every few years. I have THICK hair so it is heavy and stringy and messy when it's long. Of course it can be glorious when all blow-dried and fixed, but I just don't have time for a one-hour hairdo these days! Janel, I think you look great both ways but I do agree with Tracey that the pixie cut suits you!

K. Marie said...

You are TOO stinking cute! I had that haircut, too -- now I need to start taking pics of my old pics. Oh, how I love digital.

And wish I had a scanner. :-)

K. Marie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
carolakabb said...

Isn't it funny about the short/long hair thing. I've had mine short for years off an on (now it's down to my shoulders - but I cheat, I wear it in a attractive ponytail all the time). But right now I am swearing I'll never go short again... maybe it is the age thing... I hit 40 and feel the same way as you, longer is sexier and softer...

Janel said...

Oh, Rod, haha you are hilarious! :P I was a little leery of the short hair sometimes I wondered if I got mistaken for a lesbian or something. LOL. Well I was preggo a lot, which helped but still.....LOL

Janel said...

Oh, Rod, haha you are hilarious! :P I was a little leery of the short hair sometimes I wondered if I got mistaken for a lesbian or something. LOL. Well I was preggo a lot, which helped but still.....LOL