Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sending out an SOS

Alrighty now go back and sing that title how you know it goes.....

Is this the 7 week itch?? I have had a bit of a rough-ish week. Workouts are killer, no doubt. I'm very sore every day. I hit those back muscles between my shoulder blades, bring on the butterfly, baby!! I've gone further in my cardio than ever. I've done a little extra, but not too much. All good. Heres the deal-ee-o, though.

I just feel "off". My weight just seems sooooooo stuck! This is about the worst plateau I've ever faced. I've lost a measly 4 pounds in almost 7 weeks. That is pathetic. How much is there to the "eat more to lose more" theory?? I guess I'm afraid to try it out and experiment. I've read BFFM, I have read it a couple times. I guess I am confused, between Tom Venuto and Hussman. Hussman is all about the deficit, but BFFM seems more about more cardio. I would do more cardio, but I am afraid that my knees will not hold up for it, let alone my shins. Which brings me to my next dilemma.

I feel like if I am not running I am not working hard enough. I really hate the elliptical. The bike is out of the question. I REALLY hate that. Should I change it up to the elliptical?? I do remember Cheryl Muhr saying that if it was the thing she didn't want to do she hit it the hardest. Mabye I need to do that.

Its like I am so confused on what is best for me I just keep hardly eating and running and lifting hard, even though I need to change some things. My veggie intake is WAY low. I haven't had chicken since monday. I haven't had a clean veggie since, um, last week sometime. I've eaten clean, but its been egg whites and protein powder and string cheese and apples. No wonder I caved to some chocolate cake tonight. I feel like crap about that. I wouldn't call it a binge but obviously, not OK. Then Mark brought home a big thing of ice cream and lofthouse cookies. Don't worry, though, the cake did my poor guilt in and theres no WAY I'm bending to that. To my credit, though, I was REQUIRED by MARK to HAND DIP almonds in melted chocolate, and bake and frost 2 chocolate cakes tonight. Sorry, but I'm gonna lick my fingers. I'm not DEAD~ LOL With all that I didn't do too bad, and I hope I haven't opened a door to a place i don't want to visit..."Offthewagonsville" Nope, NOT going there. I just need to clear the fog and confusion in my brain right now. SO many things I could change, where do I start??

3 comments:

Stef said...

Sounds like your workouts are awesome and not the problem. Maybe post some sample days of food and have us critique them. Maybe we can see problems you don't. Just a thought...hang in there!

Stef :-)

Amy said...

You are not alone. I am struggling myself this week. Getting burnt out and bored with the eating. I need to mix things up a bit.

Pamela said...

Burnt out & bored...hmmmmm sounds like mind reading going on!!
Chocolate dippped almonds....Ohhhhhhh I'm doing a total Homer Simpson "GGGGGAAAhhhhhhh" droool! :)