Friday, February 17, 2006

My scary diet

I decided to post my diet for you to see. I didn't change anything up because I knew I was gonna post it, this is very typical. I mean, I can look at it and see what is wrong, but I need some other opinions. So give it to me straight. You can sugar coat it if you want to though, that sounds yummy :P

8:30 am 1 egg+2whites over easy
1 pc ezekiel bread


1 pm cottage cheese
2/3 C mandarin oranges

3:30 pm 2 pc string cheese
1/2 smashed hershey kiss
1 small apple
1 T. nat. PB

6 pm 1/2 c. shredded cheese
2/3 c. mandarin oranges
protein shake w/ 1 c. skim milk

7 pm 2 tater tots

9:30 pm portion size of broiled salmon
huge spring mix salad w/ grape tomatoes, 1 T. feta cheese
2 T. lite newmans dresing

I drank just under a gallon, mabye 8 oz shy.

Its not that bad, right?? OK the tater tots the hershey kiss need to go I don't know what possesed me there, and I know that a HALF a kiss sounds wierd, but it was literally smashed flat as a quarter and I could only get the wrapper off of half of it. I sound like a psycho. LOL I don't know the cal count, I just don't feel like figuring it out. My typical attitude is this. I don't feel like figuring it out, its not likely over 1700 so I'm probably good. :P Yeah, thats a real recipe for success, huh? Anyway, give it your best evaluation and report back, PLEASE?? I really do need some help here.

12 comments:

Janel said...

The big break between meals 1 and 2 was just pure busyness and not being hungry so time got away from me. I had done my HIIT at like 6:30 that morning. I did the mandarins twice because there are 2 servings per can and so I ate half the can, then the other half later. mabye I could go chomp down a carrot now with my next meal.

I'm not really bored of the food, just too lazy to do anything creative. I'd rather eat a slice of wheat bread plain and then eat 1/2 cup of cottage cheese right out of the carton, thats how bad it is.
Sure I could have some SF jello, but I don't want to take the time to make it. I'd rather sit here on the blogger and yak about it. :P I need to get a life, huh?

Janel said...

I know, how gross is finding a flattened hershey kiss on the floor that had fallen out of your kids backpack from V-day and scaping the foil off and eating it?? That is true desparation!!! LMAO

Stef said...

Ok..here's what I see with this:

Personally, I do not eat nuts or natural peanut butter on the same day that I have salmon. If I am having salmon...(fat) I skip the nuts or PB. The other thing I see is your largest meal is at 9:30 at night. It should be more like meal 1,2,3 or4. Oh and one more thing....way to long to wait between meal 1 and 2.

Where's your chicken or turkey?

Just my thoughts..

Stef :-)

Janel said...

True, Stef, I normally use the salmon as the fat as well, but due to my crappy planning, I had to just grab the salmon since it was the fastest :( Could someone just come plan it all and fix it for me?? I'd do so much better that way! LOL I'll even plan it if someone else will do the fixing. OK, Sunday PROMISE I will cook a big batch of chicken and eggwhites and make sure I start off on the right foot. Its crucial week 8...gotta DO IT!!

KatieFeldmom said...

For your breakfast, I don't think you are getting enough of a balance.

1 egg + 2 whites =
108 calories
5 grams of fat
1 gram of carb
13 grams of protein

Ezekiel Bread (took nutritional info from a recipe online):
221 calories
5.4 grams of fat
40 grams of carb
5.8 grams of protein

So that's super high on the carbs!

PS, I have no idea if the recipe that I found for Ezekiel Bread is correct or not or if you even made it the same way. It was on this page: http://bread.allrecipes.com.

KatieFeldmom said...

Also, are you using LOWFAT cottage cheese and cheddar cheese?

KatieFeldmom said...

Me again....

FYI - one egg yolk adds 5 grams of fat.

K. Marie said...

I'm just curious about the half-cup of shredded cheese, mandarin oranges and protein shake combo.

Stef said...

I'm with Karenna....what's with the shredded cheese?

Sorry, don't mean to be killing your meals here....LOL!

Janel said...

NO, its OK I want you to kill my meals! I need tough love here. Hahaha. OK MY Ezekiel bread, one slice, has 80 cals, 15g carbs, 4g protein, .5% fat. So its not that bad.

The cheddar, on the other hand, was one of those 2 fingerful/mouthfulls while making dinner for the fam. Finely shredded colby/cheddar mix. It passed the lips so it had to go on the log. I wasn't putting it in my protein shake or anything! Ew.

I eat LF cottage cheese, fat free is way to disgusting, and theres not enough difference to make it worth it for me.

bethkk said...

I'm just laughing about the two tater tots! The picture in my mind of you popping those tater tots in your mouth is too funny for some reason!

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you...I'm terrible at planning my meals. I do the wheat bread/cottage cheese thing frequently. Maybe we should make a pact to plan all our meals for just one week and see what happens?

Stef said...

Yummy~ I like Nicci's idea!!


LOL!!!!!

Stef :-)