Thursday, February 23, 2006

FYI

As the kids were piling in the car after school there was a round of name calling. Upon hearing my 3rd grader called a 'jerk' I was surprised to hear a big "Thank You". THen he returned with a " Well, your'e COOL" and this was apparently not good. I was promptly brought up to speed on the new lingo. I thought I'd pass the info along so nobody would be caught feelig stupid should one of these terms be used to describe YOU. :)


"JERK"

Junior Educated Rich Kid

"COOL"

Constipated Overweighted Out-of style Loser

HAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHa

So now you have been educated. Good thing our kids go to school to keep us informed about all this stuff, huh?? LOL

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh my ...that hasn't made it's way up here yet! but aren't kids fun?! LMAO!

Wolfie said...

Wow....I did not know that and just read this outloud to my kids and my son says, no...COOL is Constipated-Overweight-Outtashape-Loser. Guess the lingo is different according to region! Hey wait a minute...I could swear he called me COOL a couple of days ago!

bethkk said...

We've found that the best thing to do to teenagers is use the "lingo" back at them! They get SOOOO embarrassed! My husband is great at it...it cracks me up hearing him string together all the latest words and phrases.

Marijayde said...

Yep - I got that a few months ago, "Mom, are you a jerk?" I was like Whhhaat???? But I was quickly infomred that it was better to be a jerk than cool...

Good grief, and this is only elementary school LOL!!! Hopefully they will stay this clean in middle and high school.

K. Marie said...

Hey, I can appreciate code insults. Much better than f-bombs from the mouths of babes. :-)

chantal2bfit said...

Isn't it amazing what kids come up with these days? But it's definitely better than swearing.

I was reading your previous posts and you look really good in those pictures of your upper body. Those muscles are really coming along. I hear you with the lower body. Must be a problem common to women.