Saturday, February 11, 2006

Busy busy weekend

I have the craziest weekend going on. Its fun though. Marks sister in law and niece are visiting from Panama and his brother and SIL came down from Utah to visit her(and us)with their 4 kiddos. It has been sooooo fun. The kids are having a ball. And I love getting together with my SIL's. Today I took my free day but tomorrow is going to be tough. I'm gonna eat on plan all day, but we're gong to dinner at some extended family's and it gonna be chicken enchiladas. The plan is to eat before I go, drink tons of water while I'm there, then try to just eat salad(which I am bringing so I know whats in it :) Dessert is angel food cake with lite whipped cream and fresh berries, so I may have some of that. Tonight all the adults went to Olive Garden, and lets just say, well, lets just not say. LOL No, I stuffed my face with salad and bread then split an entree, so whatever, its free day. I feel very satisfied. :D

I was feeling like taking pictures at the halfway point today, but I just didn't have the time, and last time I did that it was pretty anti-climatic so its better anyway. I feel like I've kind of been bulking without trying. I did go down .4 in BF%(hey, down is down, right?) and I lost 1 pound, which is good considering on friday I had 2 'clean' restaurant meals so I feel good about that. My thigh mesurement has gone UP 2 weeks in a row, which is alarming but not too shocking. I can literally see the muscles are much bigger just since 2 weeks ago. And the cheese on my thighs is much more gelatinous, so hopefully it will just wiggle its way off soon. I was a little discouraged this morning, I jsut wish things were progressing faster. Then I managed to go farther in my HIIT than I ever have...2.13 miles!! I was pleased with that. My goal has always been 2.25 so its getting closer. But honestly, I feel like I can't do better than I have been doing. I can't eat less, I can't eat more. I can't workout better, I mean, I am truly giving this my best shot. So thats how I consoled myself. The only thing "more" I could do is to start weighing food and I am not willing to do that yet. If I don't have a substantial drop in something here soon I may have to change that but for now, I am doing portions of clean food and not getting crazy with it.

HALFWAY!!!! That is so exciting!!

6 comments:

Stef said...

Way to hang in there girl! You are doing great!!!!!

Russ and I weigh our food sometimes. I now know what 4 oz of chicken breast actually looks like. My portions were too big before...what a bummer!

Keep up the great work and have a fun weekend!

Stef :-)

Tracey said...

Oh that weighing food I do believe would be a rude awakening for me and for those reasons I don't do it. Mine is more like "hmmmmm this ostrich breast looks like 4 oz" - plop, on the plate with you!

Halfway there sounds pretty good so far.

Lori said...

Yea, I could not weigh food. That would drive me nuts. You'll get there, you're already doing a great job.

Lori

Amy said...

YOu are doing an awesome job!!! Keep it up. I found it helpful to weight my food a few times just to get an idea of what it should look like. OF course, what i was eyeballing was way too big. Go figure.

Pamela said...

Sounds like you're having a great weekend! -- busy is fun sometimes isn't it? :)
YEA for us all getting to the half way point.. Whoooo HOooo!!
weighing food....ah NO!! that crossing over a line of intensity I'm just not willing to do at this point- call me a wimp but ..still NO ~lol

Mari said...

OK I confess I am the only one weighing up my food. Let me tell ya don't bother, it isn't helping. My scale is going up :o
You are doing your best Janel and slow and steady wins the race, although your pictures show progress at 4 weeks, so that isn't slow. It will come together for you just keep going strong.