Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Off the subject...

I think the WE channel is actually the piss me off channel. Dish replaced Lifetime with this train wreck and I am literally watching like a train wreck..I can't look away. Shows like "Daddy spoiled little girl" and "the secret lives of women" are kind of ticking me off. Damn, I don't have the luxury of these "disorders". Compulsive shopping, Yeah, right!! This lady squandered her life savings, her husbands and her credit cards and a trust fund shopping at Target and Pottery Barn. Another girl had so many big black garbage bags of new clothes she wouldn't let her parents over to visit. I know, I know, its a sickness that they have, but its a little irritating to us hard working folks. I was so thrilled last night, I had taken back a tablecloth to Walmart I didn't use at Christmas, and used 5 of the 10 bucks I got back on a pair of shoes on clearance at Payless. (they are super cute shoes...the little flat beaded slippers)Don't even get me started on the Daddys girl show.

Alright I know this is like months behind, I'm a lame-o, aright? I saw on CMT the CMA awards and I saw my *LOVER* Rick Shroeder (yup, good 'ol mormon ranch boy. who actually has a home here in Scottsdale) WIN the best video director for a country music video. OK, he was a major dork when he gave his acceptance speech but I was thrilled for him. I didn't even know that he had directed a video, and I hadn't seen that one. So I looked it up and I'm tellin ya, I was in tears!! SO I put it here for your tear-jeakin pleasure. I thought this song was sad BEFORE I saw the video, holy cow!!!
Whiskey Lullaby



Now to fitness: Apparently my encouragement to my step mom had a little effect this weekend, she called this evening to tell me that she worked out twice this week with a trainer and started on an eating program! She was so excited to tell me. I am so stoked for her!! She has about 100 pounds to lose, right now she's going for 50 to start. I am so proud of her. Its been years since she was a healthy weight. She needs to get off her diabetes meds and get living again!! I really love her and I know she can do it.

Everything else is just floating along A-OK, HIIT was great today, UBWO tomorrow is my fave. I need to get a food scale and double check my portions, just to make sure though. Yeee-HAW!

7 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Yes, that video is a killer. They rarely played it here on the radio because of its 'graphic nature'.

Great job on getting your stepmom to exercise.

Christie said...

This is why I don't have cable girl...I only get Fox...(and with trading spouses, nanny 911...those are bad enough...lol) Look at you and your inspiring self...way to go with your stepmom...high five wonder woman.

Pamela said...

The shows sound rediculous!!! Now I know why I don't watch TV much except for the decorating chanels!

Not gonna watch the video right now , don't wanna bawl again :(

GOOD for you for getting the stepmom Goin' that's GREAT :)

Hugs
Lala*

Tracey said...

I can't get it. But I probably don't need another cry baby session right now either LOL!

We've got that dish too (okay its pirated) and can switch from cable to this. I read that Lifetime was demanding a 70% increase so they dropped it - I need that channel back!!!!!!

Colorado Kid said...

See you continue to inspire those around you.... Keep it up..

Casey

bethkk said...

I never watch those channels anyway, 'cause DH doesn't have them on his "favorites". If I ever want to watch something "girly", I have to switch the settings and then he gets mad if I don't switch them back! So on the few days I'm home I stick with the news and talk shows.
I didn't watch that video, either, although I love Rick Schroeder, too! I'm at work and I cry at anything, so I'll wait till I'm at home!
Beth

PartTimeMom said...

How awsome for your step mom! I'm hoping that when I get into shape I can get my mom back into it.

Good on you for being the inspiration that you are!