Monday, January 02, 2006

Day 1

Last night was spent planning. schemeing, and looking thru some MM mags to get inspired(thanks Dani!! :) I was ill all evening since I had tried to gorge myself to death all day culminating with the chili cheese dip and chips (for whch I am still paying the price for today). I have consumed liter after liter of Diet Coke, barely a drop of water, and enough chocolate to fill 5 Christmas stockings over the last month. As I was planning my meals last night, the food I was scheduling sounded SO good to me! I'd kill for a piece of toasted ezekiel bread with EFL egg salad on it right now. (I'm going shopping as soon as I shower-YAY!)

I was up with the alarm this morning(6:15 since Mark will be home this morning)I could have gotten up later to go but I need to get my day going and get in the habit of getting up early. I DID IT!! Went to the gym and kicked my butt (or actually my arms and chest) and I figured I better type now, since my entire upper body will be worthless here in a few hours. LOL It feels great!! I mean, I am just on cloud 9. I'm gonna go ahead and dose up with ibuprofen now, I didn't hold anything back on the weights and its gonna be a little scary later...

A thought on pictures........

I am SO PROUD of everyone for putting up their pictures on the tracker!!! I mean it!!Including myself, I did NOT want to put them on there, its very humbling, I could have just put them on my blog where they could be a little more obscure, but you guys really made me feel like I could put them up now. We ARE in this together. And we will suceed together!! I have felt like I have let everyone down by not doing my best this last few months, and I thought I'd be really depressed about my pictures, but I wasn't. Wanna know why?? Bcause I already know what to do to change my body! I had the solution before I even knew how bad the problem was, so its OK!! Isn't that the abyss??? The HOPE??? I am not despairing about how bad I look/feel right now, because all I am looking at is the future, and what I have to do everyday to make it happen. And we know the results DO come!!

Lets go people!!!!!

9 comments:

Lori said...

Yeah, these were some hard pics to post. Besides the fact that I gained 7 pounds, I still have one boob swollen. LOL

Lori

Anonymous said...

Yay Janel for your first day..and kicking butt!!! I totally agree about the photos. Wow...I fought in my head all day about posting them or not posting them. It seems like all of us have "issues", but we are all here together to encourage, inspire, and laugh!! Here's to a great start..Love , Dede

Mari said...

That is right Janel we are in this together through yuck photos and all. When we all post a progress photos it will be even better. Great start getting your butt out of bed!

Christie said...

I like the way you are looking at it Janel...we will be looking great 12 weeks from now.

Hugs
Christie

Pamela said...

YOu said it sista! It was all I could do not to delete my pics as soon as I saw them in all their horror!
But I looked at it the same way (ya, you're in my brain again!) ~lol~ ...we 're all in this together & WE will suceed!

we are gonna be a HOT bunch this summer!

Hugs Lala*

Stef said...

I looked at my pix and told myself how great I would look and feel in that bikini in 12 weeks. I was embarrassed to post them too. We are in this together!

Stef :-)

Marijayde said...

yak - SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not looking forward to the pictures! But - like we all have said here - we are in it together! That will help a lot posting them. I really agree that this time around seems not near as stressful, like there is a job to do and we have the tools and now we are going to get it done!

Great post, what a fabulous first day for you!!

Jo

Amy said...

Awesome job on the weights. I love the attitude!!!

Colorado Kid said...

I have to agree with all you have to say about the photos... They are tough to post, but I beleive the posting of our photos is vital to our success!!!!!!!! Even if it takes TWO screens to see my body!!

Casey