Thursday, January 05, 2006

HITT'n it!!

Today ROCKED- A-gain!!!I am in a total fitness zone, and I feel great!Dana came and picked me up and we kicked some butt at the gym. First we did our HIIT which was fun, I'd never done a BFL workout with anyone before and it was so cool! Then we went and tried the hanging knee raises with the slings, which I had never done, I had always used the chair thingy. I almost thought it was a little easier in the slings. I am definetly doing it in the slings from now on. Then I showed Dana the pull up machine, and we did a few of those, then she got me going on push ups, and we both did 2 sets of 10, which I thought I couldn't do, especially since my arms and chest were still toasted from mondays workout. It felt great! We really gave it our all on our HIIT!

Todays eating was really good, I didn't eat what I had scheduled but I still ate great, even though I went to Applebees I got the tilapia with mango salsa and steamed veggies, and water. The kids french fries didn't even call my name. Right now I am making wild rice and shrimp over a big green salad. I can't wait it sounds so yummy! I got all my water in already so I will be over a gallon since I am still thirsty.

NEWSFLASH!! Mark is working out!! And is still eating good, too! Yeah, its been like 5 days and he is already looking better. BRAT! Hes doing an isometric workout he got from one of my magazines, and jump roping. He challenged me to his jumprope workout tonight. Of course I couldn't say no! LOL He's been doing 5 sets of 200 fast jumps. I think he thought it would kick my butt more than it did. I wasn't breathing as hard as he was. It was taking us about 1.5 minutes to do the 200, then about a 3 minute rest in between. 1,000 jumps total! I gotta say, after the second set of 200 I was wondering if I could do it all, but I DID!! The funniest part was seeing the kids. They were all over us, and wanting to jumprope with us, so we showed the big kids how its done. We all did some pushups too. Cade has some good form on those babies! He informed us that he did the most pushups in his class in P.E. 25!! I didn't know that! By the end Cade really started to get the hang of the jumproping thing. It was fun. The kids had so much fun. We need to do more stuff like that with them. It was cool.

UBWO again tomorrow, giddyup!!

7 comments:

Paul said...

My son has a friend named Cade. Unusual name, but very cool. How did you come up with that name?

Janel said...

I think we just found it in a baby name book, and that is the spelling we liked the best. It means "battler" which we also thought was cool.

Stef said...

Janel~ Great job on the workout and awesomme that Mark is hanging in there!!! Keep it up girlie!!!!!

Stef :-)

Anonymous said...

Very cool that Mark is working out...I so want to get Dennis to join me. I'm going to try to put him thru the back and arm workout that trainer gave me today, he has a bad back so he needs to strengthen it. AND...how cool to have a tracker workout buddy so close by!! I'm jealous :(

Mari said...

Oh I am jealous too. I ahve never had a workout buddy. Danny doesn't even have a gym membership anymore. Guys get fast results, but I bet it helps keep Mark motivated. You rock Janel!!

Pamela said...

VERY COOL sounds like you are in the ZONE girl! Saw your & Dana's post about your workout sounds awesome!! :)

Hugs
Lala*

Steven said...

Great to hear you are doing well. It's always nice when your spouse it supportive by doing the same thing you are.

Hope you've been having a great new year.