Thursday, January 12, 2006

BFL Challenge Musings

I think its gonna be a struggle for all of us who have done a sucessful challenge to go through it all again. It seems like it went by kind of fast, but that is probably because its in the PAST. I am afraid some of us kinda forgot how tough it was, now we can look back like "oh, yeah, that was so awesome" but I personally remember being in actual hot tears after a few Saturday morning weigh-ins where I'd done 110% all week and got NOTHING! (or so I thought) So I am really trying to remember that before the crap hits the fan. (mabye this week?) It can't all be about losing pounds and inches, it has to also be about what we are doing for our HEALTH! Our blood pressure, our tri-glycerides, our cardiovascular fitness, all those other good things that being fit does. Otherwise we will be insane! (too late for some of us LOL)Lets all try to gauge our sucess by how well we did on the program, not just the visible results, MMM'kay Pumpkins??? And one more thing, someone shoot this message back at me when I get on here in a blubbering pile of sorrow over my big butt that won't budge, alrighty???

Totally unrelated sidenote: You know what I was saying the other day about the WE channel....Some magazine guy saw it and is going to put part of it in his publication(whatever that is) something about how Lifetime is screwing everybody. LOL Well, I went a little overboard with my post meaning it to be kind of comical, but I guess he thought it sounded good. LOL Ahhhh, too funny. I asked him to send me a copy of whatever it was he prints.

6 comments:

Christie said...

Oh Janel, you hit it on the head girl...I know for me, yes, it is the weight, the inches, but most importantly, it is the way my psoriasis clears without topical steroids, and the way that my IBS stays away, and I actually get sleep, instead of getting up to be sick 3-4 times a week...thanks for reminding me that I am forging ahead with a healthier new me...(but of course after the whole 12 weeks of 110%, I better damn skippy be thinner and smaller...hehe)

Pamela said...

Wow gotta agree totally with you 2 I'm having to repeate that like a mantra ..ooooohmmmmmm "it's about the healthy not the skinny" ...Ohmmmm "have to give it time"...Ohmmmmmm ..

Ya right -- haven't quite got it yet!.. I just want it all & I want it NOW! LOL!

I know...patience... (grrr..mutter , mutter.. got enough of them at work! ) ;)

Tracey said...

110%???? You think there's not going to be a payoff with that???? Keep it up Janel, its coming your way and I think you're gonna be one happy girl!

bethkk said...

The only reason I'm stepping on the scale is to report for the mini-challenge on tracker. Otherwise I just wouldn't do it. My pants fit, my reflux is gone, I'm a bundle of energy...who cares what the scale says? I have lived and died by the scale for so long...this is very hard to change. But my biggest reason for doing this is so I can be around to run and play with my grandkids someday. I want to be a "sexy grandma"!!

Steven said...

That's cool about the article. Maybe you've found your calling.

Challenge 2 was hard for sure, and I know when I start again it will definitely be really hard. Just stick with it, you can do it.

Mari said...

Well said Janel, now don't forget it!! I will try to remeber that when I step on my scale on Sunday. That is great about your mom, you are a very insperational person!!