Wednesday, October 17, 2007

YAY tagged again!!


OK heres how it went down in the "olden days" back in 1994

1. Where did you meet your husband?At an ASU institute Dance. Neither of us went to ASU (or even college) but we were there with friends of friends so our two little groups were side by side. I put the "come ask me to dance" eyeball on him, and he fell for it :D


2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?I have no clue. I'm sure he asked me a question like "so where do you go to school?" Typical church dance lingo ALTHOUGH: I can't help but add this......He had asked me to dance about 2 weeks after he'd been home from his mission(July) and told me he played baseball for MCC (LIE) I remembered that and that his name was Mark. So 4 months later when we were dancing again he didn't remember me but I remembered him, and in an attempt not to look like a psycho stalker, I told him that we had danced before and he's like "really? So whats my name, do you remember?" and I played it off like "Is it Matt???" LOL


3. Where was your first date?It was December 4th, 1993. He took me to see a big Nativity display these were a new thing) and to Mcdonalds (he brought candles but no candle holders LOL) and then to the movie My Life with Michael Keaton. Total tearjerker. He held my hand after the movie, and when we were driving around I had this overwhelming comfortable feeling, like I could be in his passenger seat forever. Very strange feeling.


4. Where was your first kiss?At my house when he dropped me off from our first date. I wasn't expecting it so he sort of missed, but then I caught on. LOL My mom was DYING for details when I got home (he made a VERY good first impression on my parents) She literally planned the wedding that very night. I kept saying "STOP! Don't jinx it!!" But deep down I couldn't deny it.

6. Where did you get engaged?He came to my house at 5:30 a.m. on Easter conference weekend, April 6, 1994. He crashed on the floor of my room (sorry, I wasnt getting up THAT early to hang out, sheesh!) LOL but later I understood. He had a Easter basket with a Lamb cookie jar (it sits on my counter to this day) and inside was a troll wearing a Lamb costume and in the hood was my ring. Totally his idea. He even put candy and silly putty and stuff, just like a real easter basket. We were in the basement at my parents after I got ready to go watch conference together and we were sitting on the couch when he gave me the basket and when I opened the cookie Jar he got on one knee and formally proposed. He was so nervous he even stumbled over my name. It was so adorable!!

7. Where were you married?Mesa Temple, September 23, 1994

8. How did your reception go?AWESOME! We had the reception in my parents big gorgeous backyard and stood under a lighted Tulle Gazebo that my grandpa built over the inground trampoline. We had big white tents and tons of white christmas lights everywhere. For its time, it was the bomb! Gorgeous weather, Tons of people, We didn't have a line because of our crazy parent situation, it was just us. I loved it.


9. Where was the Honeymoon?We spent 4 days at his uncles Mansion/cabin in Pinedale. It was great, but I was excited to get home and start playing house!

10. If you could have changed anything about your day what would it have been?I would have had my hair and makeup professionally done. I worked at a really nice Salon but had just started and was too shy to ask someone. We didn't get married until 3 (which I HIGHLY recommend) so I had time. I don't know what I was thinking. Also, I would have like to save my bouquet, but I wasnt' there for the clean up and it got thrown away. And I would have had someone besides my lame-o 17 year old brother videotape the reception. He filmed about 5 minutes. I have no reception footage and very few pictures after the photographer left, except for what my Aunt took for us.


SO thats the big love story. I really would not change anything, we definetly grew up together! We are so lucky!!!

Now I tag (again) Casey K, Aimee, and Sarahbear, and I double tag Jill to do BOTH surveys. HA!

5 comments:

Maddy said...

You're such a good sport to do everyone's tags! So fun to learn even more about you and mark. You're so cute to each other!!!

Did you get your huge L?

Stef said...

Wow, I love reading stuff like that!

=)

Casey said...

Look at you guys looking so young and melrose place-ish. Love it!

Maddy said...

OK, so the picture wasn't there earlier! I loooove it!

And 1994 isn't so old school! We got married only 5 years later. Although I was only 14 in 1994. . . ;p

Amy F. said...

kBoth tags are way cute!! Shawn and I couldn't believe your wedding picture. We actually watched our wedding video last night. It may have only been about 6 years ago, but we look (and sound) so young!! You and Mark really are such a sweet couple!