Friday, October 19, 2007

Its long but there are pictures :D

This week was CRAAAAAAZY!! This weekend is only a little less pressure but it will all be fun so that makes it better. I am really looking forward to monday already. I don't have a plan and I think thats what I am excited for. So heres just a tiny bit of what I've been up to. I have been very domestic and creative, its fun to do that sometimes.


First up, the card I made for Coopers teachers birthay. I'm the room mom so I have to figure this stuff out. The best part was that I just used a bunch of scraps from some recent scrapbooking, I only had to cut about 3 of these patchwork pieces. I would have liked to use some ribbons or silk flowers, but I forced myself to just stop with this. It is a jumbo card, it is a piece of posterboard folded in half, so that was fun. I took it to recess today and had the whole class sign the inside. She liked it (I think). had another mom bring cupcakes for the kids and we had a candle and sang to her. It was fun, and the kids loved it of course.




I also made her her favorite soup(which doubled as our family meal last night-I was multitasking!) It is SO SO yummy, potato cheese. The kids hated it, I have managed not to eat very much but it is hard to resist.




My other project was Cade's football birthday cake. It was a little late last night when I finished it, so the yard lines are WAY off, but the concept was good. The boys all thought it was cool, so thats all I cared about. His party was after school today. It turned out really good. A couple of the kids couldn't come, but the ones who did had a blast. They are a bunch of football junkies. They would still be playing now if the parents hadn't come pried them out of here. Football and pizza, every man's dream, starting at about age 11, right?? LOL He got nice presents and Mark reeally went over the top and got him a PSP, which I think he never dreamed he would get. He is in watching Ghostbusters on it right now. He is really loving it. Cade is such a cutie.



THis is him opening his PSP, he has never had a nice electronic before, so it was HUGE!



I can't believe my kids are getting so big. 11 years old?? I swear there is no way he is that old. Some of his friends are so funny. His cousin was there tonight and most of the boys don't know him very well because he going to a different school. So Cole asks "who's your mom??" He pops right back with "Oh, you're too young for her" Mark and I were cracking up. I couldn't wait to tell his mom what he said. She about died, it was so funny. Of course his mom is a cute little blond thing. I swear, the older they get the more they can crack me up sometimes. Especially when they are interacting with their friends. I'm sad Cade is growing up so quick, (he gets the puberty talk this year...YIKES!) but I'm trying to just enjoy it!

9 comments:

doidle said...

WOW Janel, I am SOOO impressed with your creativity. I am so very sorely lacking in that department. Cade is so handsome! How could he not be with his parents? I'm looking froward to laughing at my boys' funny antics too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Janel..haven't talked to you in a while! WOW..gorgeous bday cake...yep,your son is a cutie!

Hope all is well. Miss you, Love ,Dede

Maddy said...

The cake is so cool! I'm so glad it went well and what a cool gift!

The Tyler's said...

Props on the cake....so creative! Sounds like you guys have been so busy just like us. Now you get a break tomorrow! My house for the co-op....dang! Just kidding it's going to be great!!

Casey said...

Love the cake, good job!! Looks like Cade and his friends had a great time, we heard them out on the trampoline as we were taking a walk.

smilingsarahbear said...

You are so creative and crafty! Way to go! Don't you just feel good about yourself when you rock in the homemaker/mom department?!

Chelsea said...

What a creative mom you are! Very fun ideas you had! And cute tag stuff. I love reading peoples stories. Thanks for sharing!! (Even though I knew most of it!)

Breezy said...

Hey Janel,
Bri here. I love your blog I read it all the time and I just thought today about responding. A little blonde of me. But your family is beautiful and I love seeing your updated pictures. I feel like I see you guys and I neglect calling. Sorry I haven't been the best aunty to the kidies they are awesome and I love them. I feel bad for not calling on your birthday and Cades and the little boys too. I talked to them when they were in Thatcher though. Anywho I love you guys and your love stories are so cute. Call me and I'll call you. Love Always, Breezy

Pamela said...

Great b-day party & cake there Girly~! WOW ...but geees how are our kids getting old?? :P