Thanks so much guys for your awesome comments. Heres what I worked out. I did call my brother back and told him that I couldn't take her to Thatcher. Yay for backbones!! LOL I told him I could take her fri night and Saturday before I left but that I couldn't take her out of town till tuesday night. He had already made arrangements with my other brother Nick to have him bring her back with him to Chandler on Sunday afternoon. SO I agreed to that compromise, now I'll only have her part of the time. My brother is a really cool guy, he was understanding and wasn't offended, he knows she's a handful and a lot to take on with the other ones I already have. ANYWAY the situation is sort of fixed. Of course, 10 minutes into her being here tonight I was ready to pull my hair out trying to get everyone to calm the freak down. It is 7:30 and they are parked in front of a movie in jammies and blankies with the lights out and being threatened with Ava sleeping in my room instead of with the boys, which is the worst punishment they can possibly imagine, so it is working so far. Also, the first person I have to tell to stop or calm down is going straight to bed first. They are trying really hard. Only 2 more days, one more night of this. I can totally do it.
Today was really nice. In fact, this whole week has been pretty nice. We took the kids bowling on Monday, did projects, and then tonight went to the car wash (Yay finally!) and then I took them to see Underdog at the dollar theater. I really made an effort to do stuff with them and it was fun. They have even been pretty good about doing their chores and helping me keep things all cleaned up all week. It makes me realize how draining and stressful babysitting part time is on me.
So far the haunted gingerbread house is still fully intact. Amazing. BTW Amy I have a lot more baking coming up soon, including a wedding cake so you are welcome to come down and keep me company while I bake my brains out. I also am thinking that a Christmas house might be a fun idea, I might get creative and do a little village or some different shaped things, I'll have to look online. Anybody who wants to help is more than welcome. Hmmmmm....I'm thinking a fun mini-village made of pseudo gingerbread houses (i.e. graham cracker houses) would be a fun project for a neighborhood kid decorating party. Oh-oh I better quit now, this is getting a wee bit out of control!!!
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

4 comments:
That gingerbread house looks so good, I want to eat it. Just popping in since I haven't been around in a long time. Hope all is well with you and the fam!
Im glad you got it all worked out. And I'm even happier that you're volunteering to have all the kids over to bake ;p
Seriously though, we should do that! It would be fun!
Awesome Spooky Gingerbread house! Very Cool!
=)
Glad things worked out. Baking.....mmmmmm.
Post a Comment