



I feel bad because I was the least into it this year compared to other years. Mabye I decorated too early, I don't know, but I feel burned out and I just didn't care about any of it that much. I think the boys costumes were a lot of work, I'm really not interested in the candy, I had my fun on Saturday so now I just want it to be over. I managed to keep my mood mostly in check tonight so the kids had a good time, we stayed out WAY too late, but we got in the Baldwins haunted house (all of us went through, even Dayton) and so we felt like the night was a success. One house was really done up right with a real Freddy Krueger and a real Jason (up on the roof with a REAL chainsaw.....freak!!) and we all got a little spooked so that was fun. WAY WAY WAY too much candy!! Too much times 5 kids!! Luckily Fall Festival is on Friday, so whatever isn't eaten by then gets DONATED! It makes me sick just looking at it all. I had some super cute trick-or-treaters though, Its always funny how the best costumes aren't the ones you buy. Its much more fun to get messy and creative.
I'm starting to panic a bit about being ready for this trip on Friday. With the setting up I have to do for fall festival, it cuts into a lot of my prep time on the day I leave, which leaves me only tomorrow. I get really funny about trying to have everything organized when someone else is in charge to make it as easy as possible for them, for example, I need to have the kids church clothes all together on hangers (even the socks) so that early Sunday morning my MIL isn't looking for ties or socks or anything else. Same thing with school monday morning, Football Saturday morning, etc. Not to mention the food for meals, schedules of who needs to be where when and who is driving who where (crazy, it seems in this instance) and never mind Marks insane cluster---- of a schedule. Getting a bed ready for my MIL, etc. etc. etc. I'm not even going to attempt to clean anything, that would be a complete waste. I'm sure if I didn't do any of it they'd figure it out, but that would not be nice of me and I would not enjoy my time away knowing it was all chaos at home. It dosen't help that I have to completely re-do my volunteer list for fall festival because I have enough plus some for my class and the school is short for other stations, so I have to reschedule everyone tomorrow morning(the day before!) and hope all the parents are OK with it. Our class basket did turn out quite cute BTW....

So yeah, I'm really ready for a weekend off! I hope sleep is on the agenda!

8 comments:
That turned out great Janel! You're so close. . . almost there. You can hang in for one more day! Have a great trip!!
BTW, did you want to borrow those books or did you get copies already? just let me know!
Hi there Janel!
Cute kiddos!!!!
=)
Hey! The costumes all turned out great! Everyone looks amazing. Wyatt was so excited about his costume and what it would look like, that he couldn't stop talking about it in class! :)
I loved your kids costumes! I think it's great when you can't even tell who they are....and your kids had me fooled! :)
I am SO glad I was home when you guys came! I was so afraid I might have missed you since I got off work real late yesterday. They looked so good!
You'll make it! I am in your cheering section. Let me know if I am needed over the weekend. I am pretty much useless Saturday, although that night I could help with stuff at your place if there is a need.
Just checking in .. finally got my newsfox list back! LOVE the pics & CONGRATS to Mark! Have fun this weekend :)
kids look great! i still can't figure out who's who. have fun on your trip.
Late in posting...but man, you have such a busy life. I don't know how you do it.
Congrats to Mark!
Your kids look great! wow! Your daughter is a little mini-you.
~Karla
Post a Comment