I only have a minute to blog, but I have to post this! Yesterday was Marks awards banquet for work and the was awarded Rookie Officer of the Year!!! I am so proud of him! He is so deserving of it, I was really hoping he'd get an award. One quick story on him: He was called to pick up a teenage runaway, when he went to where she was supposed to be she was already gone, but he had a prompting that she was hiding inside a building under construction so on that feeling he went to look for her (in the pitch dark) and sure enough, found her in there, she had been cutting herself with a razor blade and had made some very deep cuts, and covered in blood. He and the officer he was training were able to get her medical attention and saved her from bleeding to death. He has gotten many commendations and positive calls and feedback from the people in his community, he is always respectful of everyone and people have really responded to that. He works lots of overtime to make sure shifts are covered, and makes sure he is not just an extra body on hand, he is very pro-active even when he is just filling in. Not only that, he still has made time to keep attending the temple almost once a week, and go to church as much as humanly possible, even in his completely exhausted state, and do his best at his huge calling. Here I am, the lady behind closed doors, and I am totally amazed at how he does what he does and still stays cheerful and grateful for everything. He truly deserves everything good that comes his way. I am seriously married to the best guy EVER!!
4 comments:
We use sitemeter on our blog and I am tired of the creepy strangers who are lurking. We are going private today. Email me your email address at paceblog@aol.com to join our private party!! This email address is JUST for getting your address, not as my new email. Hope to hear from you soon! :)
That is so awesome of Mark! He really is the best guy!
CONGRATULATIONS fo your hubby. You both should be VERY proud.
Oh my gosh! Congratulations mark! I knew he would get an award. Way to go!
Yay for Mark!!! That's my cousin! :)
Post a Comment