Monday, September 24, 2007

Sunday review

Sunday was really great. At church we had our childrens primary program. My job at church is to teach the kids specific songs and then we present them in an organized way with a spiritual message in a 45 minute long program once a year. It turned out really good. It is a big job to keep 60 or so kids focused, singing, and saying their parts for that long, but with some stellar teamwork we made it happen. Luckily, we were the first ones in our stake (area) to do ours, so now everyone has to live up to the bar WE set! HA! Jill did such a pro job writing it all up and making up the parts, it was great. I was so proud of my own kids, they did an awesome job, memorized their parts (except Dayton, because I didn't have time to help him very much) but they were so proud of themselves. In fact Wyatt told me Sunday morning "Mom, tell sister Rogers NOT to help me, I can do it" and even though he stumbled on a couple words, he said it all correctly. Cade said his own talk that he put together even with a scripture reference, and Sadie and Coop memorized theirs too. Cade also played the violin with 2 of the songs and sounded awesome. I was so proud of him!!! This is a big milestone for the year to have crossed, and we did it , YAY!!

Yesterday was also our 13th wedding anniversary. Not really the most romantic, for sure but quite a picture of where we are in our life right now, so it was good. I have to say that we have had an awesome time being married. Really awesome. We are a good team, and still best friends. Plus I still think he's a hottie ;) Today we went to the Olive Garden (the OG as it will now be called) and they are building one right by our house which we are so excited. Then we got flowers for Marks moms b-day then Cold Stone creamery, and called it good. Now its time for family night and NIGHT NIGHT!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I am a broken record...but I am so glad the program went well! We practiced ours yesterday and it was awful! :) Oh well! I am not in charge and that's all that matters to me! You guys have the best group to work with. Ahh...miss the Cooper ward!
Happy Anniversary! 13 years?! Holy moly! Way to go team Lamb. Hope FHE was good.

The Tyler's said...

Yes, your kids were amazing in the program! I too was so proud of them. Thanks for being the best singing teacher ever! You really put in alot of work for those kids.

Happy Anni again. I'm glad you got to go out to lunch. Where are they putting the new OG?...I had no idea!

Maddy said...

Happy Anniversary!

And in case I haven't said it enough -- you're amazing! Thanks for doing such a great job on the program. And especially being willing to stand up in front of the whole ward for 45 minutes. :D And your kids were awesome!

Casey said...

Happy Anniversary!! 13 years - that's awesome!!

We wish we could have been there Sunday, Mark said it was really great!