Thursday, September 06, 2007

Picture picture

Oh boy, I was going through and seeing pics I hadn't seen in a looooong time! Good times (and some sad pics too :( But it was all fun. I have to start with Chelsea first, SO cute!! And just to be clear...I was a very YOUNG Mia Maid advisor!!! :D

Can you spot Chelsea?? Yeah, its pretty easy. I had no clue I was in this but on further inspection I noticed my ghetto-fabulous long nails and bleached to death BH 90210 hair. So HAWT! I guess I was taking a walk on the trashy side!! LOL




I jut had to put this here first, to give you an idea of my origins. Those are my PARENTS!!! They are CHILDREN!! I guess its true that high school kids run out of ways to stay warm during long cold Minnesota winters. My parents were still battling puberty when I was born. Well, not quite, they were 19, but close. Nice specs, dad!




OK here I am at age 7 (that would be 1981 or so) rockin my totally rad perm. I LOVED my perm. I would wet it, gel it, then if it felt like it didn't seem ringlet-y enough I'd wet it again. I can also see that my current slouching problem is more deep-rooted than I thought.



Then I must have gotten bored and tried the poofy disco look.



Heres my kickin 1983 Flashdance look. My dad was so mad when my mom bought this little number for me. It must have been one of those divorce things.



SO now that I have embarassed myself with all my goofy 80's pictures, I demand every reader of this blog to post at least one silly childhood photo on their blog so we can all mock you too. DO IT!!!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

I LOVE YOU! That is so funny that you have the same and only picture from those days as I do! HA HA!! I LOVE the nails! And I am giving away who am I. (And yes it is very obvious.) I have to say that I was Esprit's biggest fan. And I had the perfect matching green shorts that I wore with that shirt.
I am loving all of your 80's pictures. I beat you to the challenge and posted some pretty gnarly pictures of me. I can't wait to get my photo album from my mom so I can scan everything!! All I have are scary running pictures.
If I had to vote: my favorite picture is the flash dance photo. I loved the shirt hanging off the sholder. Now all we need are late 80's pics with the fancy shmancy sholder pads that had the line in the middle! My mom let us saftey pin them on special occasions to not have the line. What a sweet heart!
Awesome post my friend!!!!!

Casey said...

I see Sadie in all those pictures, especially the poofy perm one. Too funny!!! You are hilarious!

smilingsarahbear said...

Lol... I love the pictures. You totally rocked the 80's scene. I have to go and find my picture of me in my shimmering gold MC Hammer pants with black ankle boots. Oh yeah- 80's rocked! Way to go on getting your pics organized. I really need to get mine done one of these days!

Udenia said...

I wouldn't be embarrassed, I grew up with the same hairdo's! I think your blog is great! Love stopping in and seeing how you are doing!

Hey, I posted a few new pictures of my baby and my new baby (puppy) on my blog. Stop in! see ya!

http://udeniasfitnessjourney.blogspot.com/

caseyann said...

hey janel! love the pics. i loved the 80's. it was the best time to be a kid. i will have to dig out some of my "bang" pics. I will have to scan them so look out for them next week.

Maddy said...

Sadie is like your little minature. But I couldn't tell who Chelsea was. I could only figure you out from your nail comment. Apparently I am not good and identifying people covered in goop.