We had a lesson in church a couple weeks ago about this subject. This could probably go on my church blog, but today I was given one concerning BFL so I will post it here, because it is so important to me. Here is what I am talking about as an example. A tender mercy is a little pat on the back from God telling us we are on the right track, a tiny little blessing that you'd really have to be looking for to see it, but it can impact you in such a profound way. Some would just call it a coinicidence. Well, people, ther is NO SUCH THING!! For instance, I had been working at my brothers house getting it cleaned up and ready to sell. As you all know I m pretty much broke and I am forced to cut out the buying of all the little extras, and there was some little stuff I needed, one of them being hot pads, big cooking utensils, another garbacge can, stupid little stuff. So what do I find in his cupboards?? Yup, I bunch of the stuff I had been needing, all brand new (nobody over there ever cooked) and I felt so blessed. AND it all matched my kitchen. My brother was just going to throw it all away. OK so here is my BFL tender mercy today:
I have not been doing well on the BFL for a little while. I've been working, and feeling more like flabby and crabby instead of lean and mean. But I finished at my brothers yesterday and today I had back to my normal life, so I had no excuse NOT to go workout. Well, no good ones anyway. I ate soup and homemade rolls for breakfast...Grrrrr, no, its not too late. I really did not want to go. I got the boys all ready, As I pulled out of the garage I realized this was one of the first times EVER that I was going to the gym and having NO IDEA what kind of exercise I was going to do. It felt wierd. On my way there I got a call from Dana my tracker buddy. I started to feel just a tiny bit of motivation coming on. By the time I got thru the doors, I thought, well, mabye I'll just tan, but then I didn't feel like totally untying my shoes and getting undressed (can we all say L A Z Y). Sooooooo, I decided, well mabye I'll just get on the ellptical and watch Regis. So I do and then while I was doing that I just started feeling it. I was like, OK I'm here, lets try a nice little HIIT. I got off and went to the treadmill and started. By the end I had run farther in the 20 minute HIIT than I ever had. 2.10 miles. I realized I hadn't done a HIIT in almost a month. My endurance training had really helped my distance and speed. It felt so good. Now for the tender mercy......I got in the car to get Cooper to school and what comes on the radio? Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson, which was my theme song for C1, back when I had IT. When I was Ms. consistency. Back when I was BUTTER. (I was ON a roll, instead of making rolls!) I thought about my tracker buddies, my hubby, my kids, and I HAVE to find a way to get this done. The song, the call from Dana, reaching a goal unexpectedly, these are all God telling me that I can do it!! I just have to keep trying. My kids are worth it. My husband deserves a hot wife. I DESERVE IT! I had one more I almost forgot....Chicken breast on sale at Albertsons 1.88 a pound.
Minecraft Realms Free Codes
5 years ago

5 comments:
Janel LOL, the chicken cracked me up!!! If that isn't a sign from God I don't know what is!
Glad you had a great HIIT - You are BUTTAH baby!!!
Chicken's on sale again!? I'm going to Albertsons.
And it doesn't sound like some amazing things are pointing you in the right direction. Good on you!
I wonder whether that Albertson's sale is the same here?!
And thanks for putting a name to those moments -- tender mercies. Well, I guess I should thank the LDS Church, eh? Nah, I'm gonna credit you instead. ;-)
I'd like a tender little mercy right now - LIKE BUTTER ON ABOUT 6 ROLLS!!!!! I'm not hungry but my freaking MOUTH is starving.
I need one of these moments or these signs. At least "I'm going through the motions" as in, since I've been home I haven't missed a workout, some days its harder than others and I should be happy that I've at least kept it up but I need that excitement/moment/sign again just like you!
have to second what Bev said.. there really are no coincidences are there?
Good for you for "seeing" what was being show to you today hon!
Big Hugs
Lala*
Post a Comment