Friday, November 25, 2005

Ohhhhh Boy Thanksgiving

After reading up on everybody's good eating reports I am a little sheepish about my own actions this weekend. OK lets get real, the last few months have been more than a little shaky but I really let the food fly this weekend. I've eaten myself sick already a couple times in the last couple days. And I have slept a lot. I know it was coming but I still feel really gross. I have stuffed so much sodium, sugar, fat and carbonation down my pie hole, I feel like the goodyear blimp. I am DYING for about a gallon of water. But now I am too full (again) so I will have to hydrate tomorrow. I think a good LBWO and a 2 mile run is order for tomorrow. And I also will be keeping a record on this blog of my BFL doings, workouts and eating and such. I need you guys to keep me accountable or I will sunk by Christmas.

I absolutely worked myself into the ground this week.(I did get my nails on though :) I forced myself to go to bed at 1am every night but you can only do that so many nights in a row and its bound to catch up. Everything turned out great though. I had a great time with my sisters hanging at my house for a couple days. Mark got home OK and the food was great! I was just a little peeved that after all the food was devoured (ended up with 22 adults and 6 kids) Everyone kind of took off and left me with the dishes. Nobody ever did that to MY mom!!! UGH! My mom took a seat at the table, everyone stood around socializing for an hour or so and then left. That really sucked. I was SO exhausted and then had to do all those dishes and put away the leftovers. Luckily we used big heavy paper plates but still it was like an hour of cleanup all by myself. :( After that I layed down on the couch in my bedroom and crashed for about 3 hours. Slept in till 9:30 this morning and then took another nap this afternoon. Again, I think a run will help with the energy. And of course to stop stuffing my face. But heres a pic of the tables I did I think they turned out really good. Just like I wanted it to. My family didn't seem to notice it but I had to share with someone anyway. Now I found out that I am hosting Christmas day for Marks family including his sisters husbands family form California. I always make chicken curry and I know my brother in law won't miss that. Great, now I can go psycho for people I barely know too besides family. Wa hoo. I'm not going to think about it for a couple weeks.

Well happy holidays to everyone, lets all try ot lose 5 pounds of fat before Christmas, whatd'ya say???


Edit: I can't get these pics to upload :(

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Yep I'm with ya sister!! ( I see what you mean about us having the same brainwaves right now!! ~LOL~

Gotta get it together & losing a few before Xmas sounds GREAT!

Speaking of great.. your decore looks GREAT... at least WE appreciate it! :P - you did a fantastic job hon, just like I knew you would! :)

...sorry everyone thought sitting around was a better idea than helping you clean... hhaarrruuumph!

Tracey said...

Hey girlie - why have you got so much time for blogging huh?

HAVE YOU GOT THAT CHRISTMAS TREE OUT YET? ARE THE LIGHTS STRUNG UP ON THE HOUSE? PRESENTS WRAPPED? 15 TYPES OF COOKIES MADE YET? WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE SWEETS? DO YOU MAKE SUGAR PLUMS? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE? NO? WEL YOU'D BETTER FIND OUT & GET THAT DONE!!!! ARE YOUR SOUP CANS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER YET?

You'd better get cracking!!! No time for dilly-dallying now is there?

Nice table BTW - but lets see some Christmas stuff...........by tomorrow!!!!!!!

KC said...

Damn...I can't believe no one helped you clean up. I mean, it's so ridiculous, it's almost funny! You know what I mean?

And I'm sure everyone appreciated the pretty decorations. People just don't think to say things, you know? Or they take it for granted...they think it's easy for a person full of talent such as yourself to just whip things up, without prior planning. They don't realize how much planning and worry goes into these things. Anyway, it looks lovely. :)

Mari said...

Yes 5 pounds lets do it. Well, no help how rotten. You sure do have a lot going on I can not imagine doing Christmass dinner too. I am stressed just reading about it. Take it easy.

PartTimeMom said...

I'm there - going for a LOSS by christmas - whoop.

I can't 'believe the fam skipped out without helping to clean - that's just WRONG!

glad they had a good time. My family dinner is over 35 when I have everyone over - so I know what hard work that is - you did awsome!